Read 32 comments as:
Filter By
OP is a nepo privileged kid. Such kids are used to showoff their money. We shouldn't waste our time on it as we aren't nepo kids.
Good advice. I know at least 4 people from NUJS, 2 from NALSAR and 5 from NLSIU who have done this successfully till date.
Yaar just do a US MBA for the same price. You save time and get more job opportunities. Plus higher salaries.
If you must do a JD then the Jindal-Cornell option is a good one because it saves you time and you have a back-up Indian degree in case you don't find a job in the US (no need to give the equivalence exam).
I heard that states like NY, Cali, Virginia and Vermouth have reading the law concept so you don’t have to do JD for the bar
Relatively the same cost (MBA is 2 years, so get to earning quicker)
MBA job prospects are much higher. And you aren't restricted to US and the State you clear the bar for. MBA gives you wings that you can use to fly anywhere.
Between 70-80 lakh rupees minimum on International Student Fee. Significantly cheaper if you are a PR. Still a fraction what an American JD would cost.
Why study engineering and then MBA ?.Most of the Top MBAs are STEM certified
Would this work cheaper than a JD and is the chance of settling comparatively higher?
Law education in US is far greater expensive than medical education even ! Instead change the course - study engineering and then MBA there! You will be a multi millionaire in few years down the line
That will be mostly applied to STEM fields. There is no dearth of lawyers in the US unless you're exceptionally good.
Any suggestions then? Maybe to get 2-4 years of experience in the Indian practice and then apply to the NYC firms?
That's what I'm planning to do. I'm about to finish my law school in India and then move to an American JD.
I read that the Biden regime is looking to ease the immigration regulations, specially for Indians in a bid to improve trade relations. About the Canadian JD, how are the job prospects there after one?
If you really want to work in US , your best shot would be to do a MBA from top 10 schools in US ( H/S/W , Booth , Kellogg , Columbia etc ) .
Were it not for the incredibly difficult US immigration system, the American JD would definitely be my top choice.

Might opt for a Canadian one still. Let's see.
Law is to the US what Engineering is to India - highly saturated. A LOT of people join Law School. So, it's pretty tough to make it there, especially as an immigrant.