Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
I got rejected from Trilegal as a fresh graduate from law school( class of 2021) for the reason that I did not have relevant experience to work in their m&a team. Do you guys think it would wise idea for me to ask them for a 2-3 months internship/ trainee position after rejection so that I can have better chance of getting a job there in future? I have no other interviews with other law firms and hiring is closed by many law firms now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Depends. If you’re from a top NLU you can tell them to take a hike. You’ll be hired by CAM/SAM/KCO in a matter 1-2 months. But if you’re not, then do one Internship (not more) to prove your mettle. Anything more and they’ll take you for granted, I remember year round interns who were effectively paralegals but working as hard as Associates (at another top firm).
Had I been at your position, I would have given it a shot.
Jyada se jyada, mana karenge. Woh toh already kar hi diye. Kya hi ho jaega.
Bumping this up!

Does anyone know of someone who was not selected on day zero, but managed to get the job subsequently at the same place by interning there? Is it possible?
Nobody expects you to be technically qualified at day 0. Your overall presentability (the way you talk, dress and articulate your views) plays a significant role in determining your success in such an interview. You must, in the most subtle manner possible, demonstrate that you are a team player and can blend into the firm's culture. Being up to speed on the law, fair grades and extracurricular's while necessary do not guarantee your success at a tier 1 law office in the long term. To answer your question in a word - No.
Word of advice - gather quality work experience at another outfit as an associate/ junior instead. Horne your skills. Here's a bonus - network from the word go and keep attempting to build your client book. In the long term, it is your book that will determine your value. You will never be secure as a practising lawyer (lit/transactional) without one with at least eight figures.
So I'm assuming Trilegal is open to applications for the A0 position through individual applications (No PPO/Day 0 route I mean)?