Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
Hey,

Can anyone share their experience of working with partners/people at L&L and S&P? Let's just say that I have offers from both firms. I've heard that L&L generally had bad work culture (like every other firm). Also read in one of the threads about the incident in which an Associate yelled and walked out on a L&L partner.

So I want to know that with the split and creation of S&P, what should I expect the work culture of S&P to be like? Inputs from people who've worked with partners from either/both firms will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Read the comments on the LI article on S&P being set up. You'll get a fair idea.
L&L has better work culture over S&P. Most of the terrible incidents with partners at L&L happened with the partners who are currently at S&P. Of course, there are bad partners at L&L too and good ones at S&P, but being rude, working nonstop, getting bullied and belittled is a norm with S&P partners while it's an exception at L&L (cause of the kinder and nicer partners who chose to stay behind). And if you're getting paid the same then why choose such treatment? Choose L&L over the two.
You're an A1 at S&P? Why did you choose to move to S&P then? Could have stayed at L&L no?
I stayed behind at L&L so obviously will be a little biased. It is true that work culture changes from partner to partner more than the firm & that most of the partners with terrible reputation are now at S&P not L&L. But I think a very important factor you need to look at is the partner : associate ratio. At Saraf, partner : associate ratio is about 1:3 right now (based on the official stats that saraf put out). This is the worst ratio across all major law firms and is partly because a lot of associates stayed back at Luthra even though their partner shifted. And so highly likely and only natural that new associates at saraf are going to be overworked & stressed out of their minds at least for the next 1-2 years. Hence, take this into account too.
Could you please tell the practice area? Was it disputes/litigation? Kian won't censor this cause people have talked about AZB disputes team a lot