Read 60 comments as:
Filter By
why is this trollish? It is perfectly legitimate to question equality of outcome as a desirable goal in and by of itself.
You are a leftist troll who is trying to fake as a right winger.

This whole post is trolled by commies.
You and your IB friend are [...] and this is coming from someone who belongs to the General Category .
Practice what you preach, no? Why call a comment moronic when you disagree with it?
Why is it wrong, per se? SC/STs are not dominant in business circles, so naturally corporate law firms will reflect that (as opposed to Marwaris and Banias). You SJWs want equality of outcomes, which is the death knell for any pursuit of excellence.
Lol, kejriwal ne free electricity de dekar entitlement level bda diya hai. Everything is to be served on a platter. Driving in jeeps bec daddy an IAS through reservation. Walking into NLUJ after having partied a day before CLAT. Sharam kro yar
Boss, you're confusing me with someone else. I've no idea what RPC comment you're talking about - I didn't make any.

That said, if you're referring to what some chap below said about asking for CLAT ranks, can't say I disagree. At all.

Run along now, little one.
Wait a second. Condescendence aside, do you actually think that people are born with the talent to do legal DD for 14 hours a day? Like, seriously? This is a genuine question; no vituperation this time around.
Are you really a partner at a law firm? Please give us some clue so that we never apply to your team.
Totally second this. Need to stay miles away from people like you. You prove that education is really not an indicator of anything about a person. I feel sorry for you.
I really hope I get to see you in my NLU making such a demand, so that I can have the pleasure of throwing it back on to your bigoted face.
If that's what helps you sleep at night - sure, feel free to think that way.
:)

Reality however is different.
Three of the four things you mentioned are relevant to work in a law firm. so not sure as to the point you are trying to make. A law firm is not a legal research workshop.
A 18-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
OP here, the question is not about merit or caste but "representation", as long as avarnas are not proportionately represented in these high paying jobs, there is something structurally wrong with our society. We need to Equalise everything!
You are so pathetic lol. If it doesn't translate to any difference in performance, why do you go out of your way to find out?
A 3-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
That's alright. Most of the 'meritorious' people handling those briefs at present don't have the necessary qualification either. Clients are still surviving.
Please give us some idea about your identity. I do not think I would like to associate with people like in real life even inadvertently. All the money spent towards your expensive legal education has been a colossal waste.
A 9-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 55-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
This is such an uninformed prejudiced comment. If this is coming from a lawyer, it's even more shameful. Please read and educate yourself on the sham of meritocracy and the history of caste violence in India. Read Ambedkar as a starting point.
Kyun bhai? Sirf sarkar me representaion chahiye?

Waise to bada tag lagake ghoomte ho equal opportunity ka
Agreed 100%.

If one can't get in without identity politics, then, one doesn't deserve to be in. Ain't no client paying a buttload of money to have some diversity mascot who is otherwise utterly unqualified to be handling their briefs
You got your reservation in college. And in all Govt jobs.

Now you want reservation in law firms? At every level? A0 to partner?
We would have, if you would have. As for law firms focusing only on merit, don't make me laugh! Indian law firms thrive on nepotism, contacts, grooming, and spoken English skills, and rarely focus on the legal acumen of the freshers.
Bro, please ye sab atleast Private jobs m mat ghusedo. Get over reservation please Atleast in Private jobs. Its all on merit and not on caste. Get over caste
Would be great if your could drop names, I could not find a single ST partner/PA in tier 1 law firms. Wonder wheather state intervention is warranted to remedy this lacunae.