Read 23 comments as:
Filter By
How much time do tier -1 law firms take to reply to internship applications done by email ?
NDA has a good system that tells you the status of the your application within a week , what about other law firms like SAM , CAM , Trilegal , JSA , Samvad ?
Yes and find your application for an internship or potential offer in the trash. Remember internship is a matter of merit not right.
That's true. A firm receives plenty of CVS. There are lakhs of students. It's impossible to reply to all. Unless an auto bot like jsa keeps you happy. The best CVS make it.
Lmao. Clearly you've either scored internships through your college placement committees or just contacts. I have top ranker friends with amazing overall CVs that applied directly but did not get even a single internship. Only the RCC came to their rescue. One such friend had to use family contacts to get another tier 1 internship. This is a top tier NLU. Firms do receive hundreds of applications so the HR doesn't have the time to go through them and award internships to the most deserving meritorious candidates. That's why college RCCs work better - they streamline the process and make things easy for firms as well as the students.

As for the other students, contacts and networking work. Please stop peddling the idea that one must keep trying and that the reason they're not getting internships is because of their CVs. Don't give false hope. It makes people thing that they're lacking. If people were really getting internships as you suggested, there wouldn't be any need for college placement committees and contacts.
JSA will take forever to reply,
SAM/CAM will send rejection mail within a week,
And Samvad won't have vacancies.
They do send rejection letters, its the standard reply to non contact/ placement committee based applications.

But atleast they take the pain to copy and paste the reply, unlike JSA.
I received my Samvad internship confirmation mail within an hour of sending the application. (Private law college student here)
What did you write in that email and when did you send? what time and day of the week?
If one disses L&L in the application, it gets confirmed before it is actually sent.
Bhai I am top 25 ranker, tier 1 NLU, tier 1 and 2 CM internships, several publications in IRCCL, IndCorplaw on securities law, and they rejected the application in a week by the standard mail. What am I doing wrong?
Dissing L&L is mandatory, without that you can never secure an internship there.