Read 4 comments as:
Filter By
I worked my ass off to get into a top 10 nlu and now in the third year I have lost all my motivation to study. Things were great before the pandemic but now everything seems a dream. Want to go into Corporate but haven't done much internships yet. I understand that some people have external or internal motivation and I am yet to figure out how to combine the both. Been stuck in a loop for a while now and have no idea what to do or how to go ahead from here. Any suggestions, motivations will help a lot..
Been there. Things are never as bad as you think. Just do what you are doing/ want to do. It will all work out.
Do a couple of internships in areas you usually have fun. It could be unrelated to corporate law. Go intern with a start up doing e commerce if that is something you enjoy, go work with a litigator who will talk to you and teach you. Develop friendships and ask for help, both in terms of internships and in life.

I know its usually cool to hate on your teachers but usually they are nice people. So go and talk to them about how you are feeling what you want to do what is working what is not working. I was stuck in a bad place in college but doing these things really helped me out. By the metrics you are posing, I am doing 'well' in life. But more importantly, I am happy and mentally in a good place.

I am sure the pandemic is extremely stressful, but please take care of your health right now. It must sound like you are screwing up by not doing the cool internships, but they do not matter in the long run. They are important, no doubt, but are not the most important thing in life.

Good luck, I hope you do well.