Read 50 comments as:
Filter By
Hi, I am a law aspirant who did crack CLAT. I'm currently exploring my options among the private law schools. I know JGLS is doing the best among them but its fees are too high for me. So, I just wanted to know about the other top ranked private law schools in India. IMO:

1. JGLS, Sonipat
2. Symbiosis, Pune
3. Christ University Law
4. Symbiosis, Noida/Hyderabad
5. Nirma University Law Institute, Ahmedabad
6. KIIT Law School, Bhubaneswar
7. Amity Law School, Noida
8. ICFAI Law School
9. UPES Dehradun
10. CMR Institute of Legal Studies, Bangalore

Please feel free to edit and add to the list.
GNLU has increased reservations manifolds from 68 All India general seats to only 20 AIl General seats from 2021 that too 2 days before result , batch quality will degrade.

Funny thing js new breakdown isn't even there on the site yet
Where have you been living? Jindal’s been known to better than SLS Pune for a while now.
Not in terms of placement. There are hundreds of Symbi law firm partners still, and exactly zero from Jiggles so far.
Symbi has been around since 1977; JGLS' first batch graduated in 2014 i.e. they haven't even spent a decade at work. Of course Symbi's gonna have a lot of law firm partners, while it's too soon for JGLS to have any. No. of law firm partners, that's why, isn't a viable metric to compare placements of both. Google the placements of freshers from JGLS and then google for Symbi - that's a correct metric.
More partners mean they are more likely to hire people from their alma. That's the connection with placements. Aap chronology samjhiye!
Chronology samajhne ki zaroorat nahi hai bhai. Just compare the placement stats. Doodh ka doodh paani ka paani khud ho jayega.
More Symbi students are employed by law firms every year compared to Jindal students. So yeah, stats would make it clear.
That's not true at all. If you think folks from Symbiosis (who are partners) are going to bid for their institution - you're terribly mistaken. It's a fact and I don't mean to be discriminatory or condescending here, at all - mostly people from NLUs or smaller law schools have greater affinity to their institution due to smaller communities. When you have batch sizes ranging from 1 - 700 (on the higher side), there's no such connect to the institution outside your immediate friend circle or class.
True, plus with all the love coming Symbi alumni's way from Gurpur (Symbi alumni would know what I'm talking about), I highly doubt that these partners are queuing up to hire from their Alma Mater.
Symbi HYD/Noida/Christ not before Nirma (unless they are closer.)

Stick with 1, 2, 3, 5, and if desperate with 6 and 9. Rest are shit, so choose the cheapest one or a local one in Mumbai/Delhi and give your best to learning in practice (start litigation/business work internship/writing from day one). Basically asking you to start entrepreneurial journey by content writing/networking and get the degree for licence purposes. Absolutely essential that you network not only in your school, but the whole world.
Location is the only positive NMIMS has right now. Might as well opt for GLC at a fraction of the cost then.
I agree. I didn't mention GLC because we were discussing private colleges and I wasn't sure whether OP has appeared for CET or not.
NMIMS School of Law, Mumbai (Kirit P mehta is missing from the ranking) (we will soon be ranked 2nd in the coming years)

You should definitely take admission here if you wanted JGLS

It is Jindal for the poor

Best placements and teachers and students
Boss NMIMS kapamsol is just 8 classrooms in neglected corner of the 9th floor of Mithibai building. Placements are lul. Teachers are more or less same as any other law school. Absolutely not worth 2.5 lpa tuition + Bombay rents + cost of living. Please don't fool gullible CLAT aspirants on LI.

- 2020 grad
The only thing good (somewhat) about NMIMS is the location, 5th year class timings (8-10am!) and the seniors who make the whole experience worthwhile.
To the one above saying it is the Jindal for the poor, sure the fees is around 2/2.5 lpa (this is without acco btw), but what about rents and cost of living in Mumbai? It's definitely not for the poor.
All in all, go for NMIMS if you want, the students and teachers are good, placements are decent (if you're willing to work hard for it, do not depend solely or at all on placement cell), canteen is amazing, you'll meet a lot of people from different colleges since the building has around 10-12 colleges from different streams and have some fun (maybe not, because 80% attendance sux).
Brother, I am in the 2023 batch. Would HIGHLY recommend NO. The faculties are going down the drain, so is the student quality. The admin remains absolutely inefficient and pathetic. I dont even want to begin talking about the placement cell (tbh they shouldnt even be called that).

They legit have nothing going for them.
DID YOU JUST SAY BEST PLACEMENTS??????
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAA.

0 campus recruitment in 2023, marginal in 2022, 2021, 2020 and 2019.

They have been blacklisted by some Tier 1's due to the disgrace that is the Placement cell.

PLEASE BE REAL dude.

(2023 batch)
Ideal sequence-
JGLS>Symbi Pune> NIRMA = UPES> KIIT> Christ> Symbi Noida> Amity>Symbi Hyd> ICFAI>CMR

dont chose symbi hyd bcoz comparitively new college. no alumni base in good firms.

JGLS - Pros - world class infra, placement (good but if you consider batch size, then bad), con: fees!

Symbi- Pros - brand name, decent placements, decent alumni base, good location

In between Nirma and UPES, its a tough call. Both are equally good. Though, I know for a fact that UPES has a better mooting culture. decent alumni base, UPES has one of the most bful law campuses.
UPES has a far better placement record than Nirma. A lot of oil and mineral PSUs recruit from there because of their energy law focused programme.
No they don't. Oil and Gas Companies have gone for either Symbi or GNLU/HNLU in the last few years. And PSU's hire solely through CLAT score. Corp. Law there is slightly better, but still the fee is astronomical. Besides, they've scrapped the Energy law focused programme now. Its still a great law school, the senior faculty and new hires have really upped the ante.
PSUs do not hire solely through CLAT score. That's a misrepresentation. I know of at least one oil PSU that recruited two people from an NLU via campus recruitment back before the pandemic. In fact, only 3-4 PSUs actually use those results.
Would just like to mention the recent issues that came up with the Christ and NMIMS admins. Potential students should keep these things in mind before joining. A dictatorial (& sexist) admin at the place where you're going to spend the next five years - do weigh it in.
AIL Mohali arguably at 3 and definitely a top 5. Not many seats for non army bg and hence might be often overlooked but a strong contender just below Symbi and Jindal.
5 from all india open cat based on entrance and 15 from Punjab based on 12th results. Remaining 80 for army background subject to an entrance exam. (This is from 2021-22)
I have cracked symbiosis hyd and NMIMS MUMBAI. Which one shall i choose?
1. JGLS, Sonipat
2. Symbiosis, Pune3. ILS Pune
4. Christ Bangalore (not others)
5. Nirma Ahmedabad

6. Symbiosis, Noida
6. KIIT Bhubaneswar

7. VIPS, IPU Delhi
8. UPES Dehradun

9. NMIMS Mumbai (not others)

10. BITS Mumbai (despite first year)

After top 10 private law schools

11. Bennett, Noida

12. Amity Law School, Noida/Kolkata/ Gurgaon/ Lucknow
13. ICFAI Law School Hyderabad

14. ICFAI Dehradun

15. CMR/ IFIM/ BILS/ Ramaiah/ Alliance Bangalore

16. Lloyd/ Sharda/ Galgotia/ GD Goenka Noida/ Gurgaon

17. VIT Chennai/ VMLS Chennai

18. Chandigarh University Mohali
A 13-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 1-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 3-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.