Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
Hey bud. Let me tell you something, I come from a lower middle class family. I was kicked out of my school due to a silly mistake I made in class 10th. I joined a coaching for IIT JEE and paid for two years only to quit within one monty (they didn’t give the money back). I didn’t have courage to ask my parents for money for a clat coaching so I literally sold my soul to buy material and mocks. But I prepared for two years and didn’t get a single NLU. Life was destroyed. Had nowhere to go, didn’t even have proper schooling. Parents were pissed and everything. Made a choice and joined a university and realised that these college brands are seriously a sham. I am doing very good and am extremely happy.

Given your rank you can get into a BHU, Jamia, AMU etc. Whatever you’ve learnt about these NLUs and Jindals, just unlearn it. My friend from AMU just got a ppo from CAM with no connections or support. You will just have to work harder. I realised that I could literally achieve anything from my local state university.

Let me tell you trick, if you join a BHU or a similar university. Just apply for tier 1 internships in months other than JUNE/JULY/JANUARY/DECEMBER, you’ll easily get an internship. You can do it because attendance won’t be an issue for you while it will be for others. Just prove your worth. Also no professor can teach you, what a book can. If you want to explore judiciary, you would have so much support because the entire batch goes for judiciary and a lot of alumni will guide you. If you want to do an LLM, you would probably be able to go because you would have saved so much money. I mean the fees is negligible. There’s no shortcut to gaining knowledge. But you can do it. I met this NLS kid in a tier 1 internship and absolutely destroyed him in terms of practical and theoretical knowledge and I am from a university which is nowhere in the top 20. No offence, but CLAT does not evaluate you or determine your your iq. It’s a crappy exam. Don’t think lowly of yourself. There is literally nothing that you can’t achieve hereon, the only given is that you must have the determination to do it. If you have the knowledge, you’re sorted. If you think, getting into a tier 1 law school means that you’ll get a tier 1 job without knowledge, NO! knowledge is important. It’s just that firms would come to recruit them while you’ll have to go to the firms to be recruited. That’s it. That’s the only drawback of being in a non tier 1 university.

I have learnt one thing in life. People can take away everything from you but not your knowledge. It’ll stay. Good luck dude, life is too important to give away like that. Let your mom be pissed. See they are not used to all of this, she’s concerned and doesn’t know how to react. Plus obviously they have a financial pressure. But ending life would only mean that all the money they spent on you is wasted. I am telling you a way where you’ll literally save money and you give back a lot. Don’t let these rankings and advertisements dictate your life. Tier 1s and university brands don’t mean anything, you’ll understand this 10 years later and thank this anonymous commentator on LI.
I too failed CLAT at once, but today I’m a sought after lawyer for the practice I do.

Just because someone failed CLAT, does not mean it the end of the world. In fact is just the beginning of a slightly unusual and exiting journey to success. What is important during the process is not to let thinking fail. If the end goal is to become successful, that is who you should focus on becoming, and not get demotivated, simply because you are going to have a slow start. (Which frankly is also not a case anymore. Lines between NLU and Non-NLUs are very blurr these days).

You should know, slow start does not define your chances of victory, it is the planned and strategic finish that does. You should think of everyone who is rooting for you to be a successful lawyer one day, it does not matter which college you graduated from. Once in the uniform, they are all the same.

So cheer up and enjoy the rest of student life, these are days you would not want remember for being sad and disheartened.
Hey man, I get how you feel, I'm in the same boat, but what's done is done. You are not defined by one single Clat rank. Neither am I, or the other thousands of us who didn't make it. Doesn't stop us from being the best lawyers we can possibly be. Yeah, a great NLU helps us go a long way, but it isn't the only way. Please, please don't hurt yourself for something that will not even matter in a couple of weeks or months at most. Give yourself time to grieve it, don't blame yourself. If you think you could have worked harder, promise yourself that the next time you put your mind to something, you'll work your hardest. You have a long life ahead you, and a 149-mark paper is not the decider of that. For all we know, us, the "average" dropouts, just might make it big. The underdogs always win. For now, just take it easy, calm down and rest your mind. Look at your other options and chart out the plan, no college however great, should impede you from living your best life. Salud! Also, please talk to a professional, these are my 2 cents, but you'll want to vent, as you should, and no, you are not doomed, you're only just starting out, so talk to someone who can help you through this, and work on feeling better. Life moves fast, especially when you're young, and we either move on, and stay rooted, your choice. All the best!
OP here.
I started this conversation because I have been through same exact thoughts.

Kian posted the links to helpline because that's the right thing to do. While I hope you use it, I do know that you might not. I personally wasn't able to.

The only thing that helped me is just sticking around for some more time.
By the end of first year, all nightmares stopped.
Same thing happened with most of my batchmates. Seniors too.

It takes time, but it surely does get better.

I hope you stay. Like all of us did.
Don’t weigh your potential with competitive exams. People whom we all know the most successful wouldn’t have cleared such competitive exams many a time . Please pursue a life you are passionate about with no comparison. Keep your dream alive and continue to learn to achieve it . Never succumb to external pressure or comparison . We are taught to fulfil others dream and it is too late when we realise we never lived for us . Take help from a well experienced counsellor to look at world in a bigger perspective. Take care & Thanks