Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
Just graduated from high school and took CLAT 2021. It went quite well for me, and I'm expecting the ''famed'' top 5, if not the top 3. I know convention dictates my pref list should be NLS/NALSAR/NUJS/NLUJ/NLIU/GNLU.
But the thing is, 5 years is a massive amount of time and I would like to live IN a city, so should I prefer NUJS over NALSAR? Will it really be worth it if I drop an opportunity to study there, or do they more or less provide one with the same opportunities/moots/placements/student life?
Don't really want to go to NLUJ, I REALLY want to move out of Rajasthan. Sounds dumb, but yeah lol
Also, lately, I've been hearing about GNLU moving up by quite a margin, should I prefer it over NLIU? And where does NLUD fit in(although I really haven't prepared well for AILET).

What are your preferences this year? Or hypothetical preferences were you choosing this year?

Would really appreciate if someone helped. Thanks:)
1. There is hardly any difference when it comes to opportunities/moots/placements/student life at NALSAR vs NUJS (or even NLS for that matter). If living IN a city is that important to you, then choosing NUJS over NALSAR won't really make a difference.

2. I would recommend putting GNLU over NLIU for sure. NLIU seems to be in decline unless VVK (NLIU VC) pulls off some miracle.

3. NLUD forms a part of the top 4. The internal ranking between these law schools is widely contested by people and to be very honest, there's no right answer. Personally, I'd put it below NALSAR and above NUJS but some people might disagree (and validly so). In any case, you'll have to take this call if you get through top 3 unis in CLAT and through AILET. If that happens, you can try talking to a few students studying at these law schools.

4. Finally, my hypothetical preference this year would be:
(i) NLS
(ii) NALSAR
(iii) NLUD
(iv) NUJS
(v) NLUJ
(vi) GNLU
(vii) NLIU

Hope this helps. All the best!
Choice is entirely yours, but I would advise all aspirants to make the following preference list. It's my personal view.

NLSIU
NALSAR
NLUD
JGLS
NUJS
GNLU
MNLU
NLUJ
NLIU
RGNUL/RMLNLU/NUALS/NLUO
Symbiosis
GLC
HNLU
Patna, Shimla, Ranchi etc
I genuinely believe that the following colleges offer equivalent opportunities for a student to pursue whatever they want to: NLS, NALSAR, NUJS, NLUJ, NLUD, GNLU, NLIU (in no particular order)

If a student is even remotely diligent, these colleges give enough exposure to almost every opportunity.

[I say this as someone who has been working in the industry for four years now, having seen people from these colleges doing whatever they want to if they are diligent]