Read 147 comments as:
Filter By
A 63-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 8-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 97-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
True. Is it the AG then before he became the AG? As AG he would often engage in bruising parleys with SJA (2016-19).
SAK resigned in May 2018 to avoid getting sacked. Scooted. But NKC brought him back. Faisal is still around. Who then?
A. Young? He was not Dev Anand.
B. He didn't leave for any other place. His retirement was long overdue.
C. He did not teach criminal law regularly.
The SJA and the governor both need a hard clout, preferably on their heads, and that's an undisputable fact.
How SJA has been affected by COVID? SJA Office bearers are in campus since last 6 months. Stop defending them, the shameless & spineless
Who was this criminal law stud? Labour would be SB, Corporate I am guessing KR, though SKG is good too, but he is still here. You didn't mention IP, otherwise I would have thought of Shamnad. Others like Prabhash, Pritam, Danny and Chinmayi all had left before then.
A 88-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
No one made any comments about skin colour. It is only in your mind.
Why are you obsessed about a particular professor and indulge in crude wordplay involving dark. I think particular professor is well known and understood. What's with the PIL fetish anyway? If only judges and courts made things great.....
A 18-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 15-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 194-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 354-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 221-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
First try to publish a proper journal articles and then comment on the credibility of NUJS Law Review. Also, grow up dude. Would love to see where you get placed lol
Actually, the EC has been directed by the court to reconsider that report and hear the case all anew, which it has been doing for the past few months.
Because so far there has been zero evidence of any scam. In fact, the registrar's case is still going on too.
What's stopping students from the GB to call a meeting on their own? Don't they know all the batch IDs?
They are still waiting for HNLU to catch up with NUJS. Once VCV manages that, we shall see.
p.s. He is not considered an academic of repute in any credible academic circle (LI comments section is of course in a league of its own). TBF, nor is NKC.
Take a chill pill. Also thanks for being so transparent. Much appreciated.
A 226-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 223-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Brilliant! Did you depose before the Inquiry Committee and tell them to scoot? Where were you when Kesh Kala needed you in the EC? Anyway, I am sure Kesh Kala will read out your script in the next meeting just as he reads out Inquiry Reports that never get sent to EC members.
I humbly request you to withdraw your request. People are free to discuss whatever they want to, including sub-judice matters. Please consult the Constitution on that matter further.
Make a formal complaint if you have such grievance. Is anyone stopping you?
A 9-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 76-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
I have a rather particular problem with people who plagiarise PhD dissertations and commit academic fraud.
He's also part of the IQAC now where he rejects foreign publications in favour of North Bengal law journal articles.
I can confirm that the hearing took place. I heard it from a prof. No students attended, but external students affected by the iPleaders cancellation attended. Demands were made for a CBI enquiry and arrest of those who enabled it.
Thanks for sharing. This is why LI is a useful site. Shame on the SJA for now knowing about this.
This will be nothing but a TMC witchhunt. Plus, the person named is known to be have applied for the VC post but was rejected.
What about the senior profs? And newer Asst Profs such as SKC and the ones on contract, including two former Noojies?
Atul Alexander for PIL, Faisal Fasih for Evidence, Shouvik K Guha for Corp Law, VKT for Jurisprudence, Agni Da for IoS, Dr Chengappa for Administrative Law
A 67-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 21-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
SAK hasn't been teaching CrPC since 2019. Mahesh Menon taught in 2019 & SKB has been teaching for last 2 years. And Evidence is now taught by SAK as Faisal is on semester leave
So Faisal or SAK not teaching Evidence or CrPC? What is KS doing?
A 31-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Who is that? The corp guy, I mean. Not the evidence person. There are too many like the latter across law schools. But a good corp guy who makes sense is rarer to be found. I know that there is one at NALSAR.
A 93-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
If one gets the best jobs, scholarships for higher studies, and other grad outcomes even after doing all that, then hell yeah!
Which part of 6.4 used unparliamentary language exactly? Do you even know what such language includes?
Three corrections: Kumarjit left before the pandemic and before the term of the current SJA president. Faisal has not taken any leave yet. Avantik was already a JGLS faculty when he became a guest faculty here. Rest I agree with you.
A 48-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Do you mean experience of free after parties, free marks, lack of academic rigor, rowdy and immoral activities during Outlawed, maximum 25-30% attendance in online semester?
Can you also give us one good reason why SJA has not held a single GB meeting till date or hasn't released its manifesto or work report? Clearly GB has been asking for GB meeting since months
That case became sub judice because the SJA made that happen. Had they been as useless as the current one, that wouldn't have happened either. Several other accused are still working without any case having started against them. Are you or the SJA doing anything against them?
A 63-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
The rest of the world has been coping with COVID and getting their work done too. If the current office bearers believe that it is beyond their capability, then they should step down.
Agree. Including the author of original rant. Adopting an alias has not helped "name and shame"
COVID grades do not count anyway, with no proper exams taking place. The issue is not really about exams or grades, but what is being taught in those subjects. If that's not good, then the grades won't really help the students in any way once they graduate.
Quote:
To be honest though, the faculty doesn't matter.
Sums up everything wrong with the mindset of the students of this college.
A 18-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 5-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 15-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Faculty rating at NUJS:

Menon era: 😃
Chimni era: 🙂
MP Singh era: 🥰
Bhat era: 😕
Talukdar era: 😢
Chakrabarty era: 🤢
I have written CLAT 2021 & most probably would get NUJS Kolkata. I know that campus is small & facilities are limited, however, I wanted to know about a frank review of the quality of Faculty available at NUJS. Would appreciate an honest answer