Read 22 comments as:
Filter By
I have been considering joining JGLS and yesterday I was in a webinar organised by a legal career counsellor who told me that JGLS is becoming the favourite choice for law firms due to the “student quality”. I then saw a LinkedIn post by Anand Prakash Mishra (posted on 27th july) (their director of admissions) who claimed that AZB’s highest intake (8) from a single law school in 2021 is from Jindal. He added that there have been 11 confirmed recruits each from CAM and Trilegal. I know for a fact that CAM and Khaitan have also recruited from Jindal in large numbers and the number is greater than other law school. For a fresher like me, 30 graduates getting into AZB, Trilegal and CAM is a fascinating number. Especially during pandemic. This number doesn’t include people who’ve been selected in SAM, L&L and JSA so I guess I can assume that the number is greater than 40.

Now while this is a great number for an aspirant like me, one that I haven’t seen anywhere for such a young law school. I am also worried about the batch size. While a lot of people are getting into tier 1 law firms, the batch sizes are also huge. I am told by many that the competition is not as hard as it seems because a lot of people don’t care and sit for placements. I wanted to know if this is the reality. How many people compete for these 40-50 tier 1 jobs? Moreover the “student quality” thing stated by the career counsellor irks me. I come from a small town and am not extremely good at English. I am assuming that students at jindal were educated at top schools in India, would I be at an inferior position if I am not presentable enough? I also want to know about this English literacy thing at NLUs, my CLAT went pretty well and I am expecting a top 7 NLU. How is the general crowd like? Would my weak English put me at a lower position?

Thank you :)
Even in terms of absolute numbers, the tier one firms have never in total recruited the highest number of students from Jindal yet in any year. In terms of batch percentage, Jindal's recruitment figures would fall far behind the top 6-7 NLUs. This is according to official stats released by placement committees, not by 'career counselors' or paid employees.
Most firms except SAM and AZB have recruited in double figures. There have been more than 50 on campus hires for tier 1 firms. So in terms of absolute numbers, yes Jindal has surpassed all other universities in India. Waiting for LI to do a detailed placement analysis for 2021 batch because it was pretty good this time around with a lot of unique high paying non law firm roles being offered to JGLS kids too.

In terms of batch percentage, it would be my word against yours so it’s no point of arguing. I’ll tell you not everyone sits for placement but you’d argue quite the contrary.
That's also because the AZB's reputation for having the worst work environment is well known among NLU students, which is why it's the last preference for most students on zero days. Even when people get it, they can easily shift out because of their college background. That's why they've started recruiting from jindal. CAM in general has been hiring like that for all colleges. I think Nalsar and NUJS had at least 8-10 PPOs from CAM, not even including day zero performance, for the 2021 batch.
Yeah man, NLU kids deny offers from AZB right away. They don’t want AZB anymore. They can have spoilt global kids in their firm, NLUs don’t need AZB. Infact, we don’t want to call AZB for zero day, vo to AZB insists so we call them. Some students who do end up joining AZB do it as a favour to the firm out of pity huh. Anyone from entire batch can take up AZB dude, everyone has an offer, we just choose to not go. GG
You can deny it sarcastically all you wish to, but ask any previous RCC for number of offers made by AZB versus the number of offers accepted (even another commenter here has alluded to it). You'd get your answer. Most people getting an offer from AZB at the top 5 have multiple offers, so the only people who take them up on it are ones who have no other option.
My LLM from Jindal was completed a year ago. I was already employed at a reputable legal firm, but I desired a change. Their career services office is excellent. Rather than providing generic offers, they concentrate on individual students and what they desire. They assisted me in finding a decent switch. The OCS is an highly active institution within JGLS. Furthermore, there was quite a competition on day zero, but not extraordinary. I mean, I completed my UG at a tier 1 NLU and it was the same. The placements were less competitive beyond day 0 because, as I previously said, they concentrate on individuals and their unique preferences rather than providing generic alternatives for everyone. I was in the LLM batch and this is all I know and experienced about the UG batches.

I am not going to sugarcoat things. Poor english, unfortunately, will put you lower on the pedestal regardless of the university you go to. It is not about the university, it is about the recruiters. They demand a good hold over the language. Wherever you go, you’d have enough time to work on it. Don’t be concerned. At NLUs and Jindal, there is a lot of linguistic diversity and most people talk in English. Just interacting with peers over 5 years would enhance your command over the language. Do not worry about that. Best wishes.
It is true that a lot of people don’t sit for placements. They get into daddy’s chambers/business or go abroad for postgraduate. But it is false that there is no competition. The kind of jobs that you’re talking about would not be served on a platter. You’d have to work for them and have good grades, publications, internships etc and also compete with a 100 other people for the same set of jobs.
You are really [...] dear..don't let JGLS PR people [...] you (unless you happen to be a paid employee yourself trying to act smart here)
I would take whatever posts Jindal employees make with a pinch of salt. The concerned person has made similar claims in the past on behalf of Jindal without fact-checking. He does not get called out by people from the NLU circuit on those because people can't bother. AZB has been known to have made 13-15 offers to a single NLU before the pandemic, although not all the offers were accepted.
Mate you’re asking for opinions on a platform where there is obviously too much bias against Jindal. People will act like they’re from Jindal and mislead you. Go to Facebook and search “fairly reliable advice for jiggles”. It’s a page where you’ll find thousands of jgls students and alumni and the “fairly reliable” part is pretty accurate. You’ll get genuine reviews, opinions and criticism from people who have been in your place. Competition during placements etc is something that only a Jindal student would be able to tell you not some kid from other university who’ll just say “i have a friend in jindal and he told me that…” and mislead you. Jindal students who visit LI don’t comment because of the trolls here. For helpful answers, refer to the page that I told you about, and you’d find no PR there, in fact you’ll find more criticism in there.
That's not a bad idea. Ask the students instead of the paid employees. The former really has got no motive to lead you astray.
Have you ever considered that at least a part of the 'bias against Jindal' may be because of the latter's aggressive PR that often disregards facts and makes outrageous claims?
50+ Tier-1 offers is great representation from Jindal tbh. Sending my lil bro to Jindal now
Who said there have been 50+ tier one firm offers? Has their placement cell come out with a verifiable report with break up numbers?
Keep in mind that Jindal has the highest batch size BY FAR among all NLUs. Jindal has a batch size of 300 last I checked, NLS has 80, NUJS has 120 etc. If you compare the total batch to the number of placements, it's not as impressive.

For example, NUJS with less than half the batch size of Jindal in 2020, had around 60 big six selections out of 120 (accepted offers, not just offers made, so there's no multiplicity here). Plus everyone at NUJS who sat for placements got a job. Jindal in comparison had 30-40 out of 300+, with several people not getting jobs.So Jindal still has a long way to go to match the top NLUs.
JGLS has a batch size of 800 (300 BALLB; 300 BBA LLB; 200 LLB)
Kian, pls do a placement ranking ASAP bcoz we don't who who is lying and who is not.
OP I am saying this for yours and all the freshers benefit. JGLS just doesn't compare to the established NLUs. If you are writing CLAT. Your order should be NLS > NALSAR > NUJS > NLUD > NLU J > GNLU. To others, please do not hate upon me, other law schools are great as well. I am just trying to realistically help a fresher.
If any JGLS employee has really been claiming that, then they should be called out for lying. Day Zero at NLUs is happening right now, and NLUs having a fraction of JGLS' batch strength have been offered jobs in double digits by law firms including AZB. This is why nothing that JGLS says can be trusted. Deliberate misinformation spreading in order to make themselves look good. They could have just said that AZB made 8 offers, which would have been a good thing too for any university, but no, the hyperbole has to be there! I bet none of the people from JGLS who staunchly defend their reputation in the comments section would actually call this out. Hypocrisy max.
A 111-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.