Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
What snobbery. The promoters have finally realised that quantity over quality means more money.
S&R is hiring associates at a quick rate. When I joined, it was almost always highly ranked people they went after. Now we can see them going down the CGPA list.
I concur. Having spent all of my working life here I can see this in motion.
Don't bother. S&R has become precariously top-heavy, with some of its partnership promotions from yesteryears. This fact is made evident from (a) its ever-shrinking partner to associate ratios (meaning that some partners aren't meaningfully and proportionately bringing in new work/clients) and (b) attrition levels - especially amongst lawyers who’ve invested a good number of years there. S&R grooms fine lawyers, no doubt. Most of them, sadly, aren't partner material - simply for the fact that they aren't taught or even encouraged to draw in more business/ new clients. I am sure that S&R even recognise this problem and prefer to live with it. The β€˜quality vs quantity’ conundrum perhaps has something to do with this.
Does S&R Associates offer PPOs to 5th year interns? What would be some tips you would provide for securing a PPO with them?