Read 16 comments as:
Filter By
Take it. Better pay, life and work. And you can always move back if you don’t like it / always make a lateral move to US/MC firms if greater pay or prestige is what you want. For now, take it and leave, you will not regret it.
I think that's a great suggestion. Returning to India after a UK experience - you will be miles ahead your peers. So there is nothing to loose.
Unlike India, partnership in UK firms actually means something. Most salaried partners in Tier-1 law firms are glorified senior-associates.
This much effort means you really wanted to leave your current role and move here. Then why the doubt?
Any leads on foreign recruitment consultants? Also, are you a gen-corp/PE-M&A lawyer? I have seen these options opening up for banking and finance lawyers in the last couple of years. None for gen-corp/PE-M&A lawyers.
Thank you for answering. I appreciate it. Good luck with whatever choice you make!
I had a similar option 10 years ago. In my view these opportunities abroad are rare and you should grab them ( I didn’t). You can always come back to India.
How did you get this offer?
UK = SQE/GDL?
Do you have any prior experience in UK or at least a Masters?