Read 65 comments as:
Filter By
Please see viral thread on funds at 3L. Firing half the A0s. Not even a single question raised by HR/Board. Extremely unethical. Why did you even hire if you could not retain? Shame.
Aaaiye Sir. Aap hi ka intezaar tha. Typical to blame your frustrations and inefficiencies on poor A0's and A1's and projecting it as their dishonesty or disinterest. There is an abundance of people like you in all law firms.
Very common. They bring guns and ammunition and fire on associate like cow boys.
So did the firing happen only in the Mumbai and Delhi offices ? Or was this applicable to even Bangalore, Chennai and Kolkata ?
They recruited more than required to reach 1000 lawyers. Did not have enough work. Could not pay. Then fired
Why has KCo been mass firing people in such a manner ? Any specific reason ?
KCo has been mass firing since 2 years. Atleast 300-400 have been removed in the past 2 years.
Firing of incompetent, whiney, wannabe, entitled and unnecessarily wokey folks is quite rampant.
Never realised LI has been this wholesome. Loved the genuine nature of the comment 😸
Thank you bhai. Ummeed toh bas yahi hai ki naseeb badlega. Thank you for the lovely comment.
Don't worry bro. You'll do great! πŸ’•
Apni haar me jitna neeche giroge, apni kamyabi me utna uncha uthoge. Sab theek ho jayega. β™₯️ The darkest minute of the day is right before the sunrise.
Just keep trying and wait. Something big is going to happen. πŸ’•
I will follow the steps that you have mentioned to the best extent possible. Trying my best to land something. Will definitely keep you posted should something good come my way. Thank you so much for the kind words.
Exactly the same thing happened to me TODAY - i feel so shitty and hopeless - ive just been given one month - how can i feel better im so depressed
Nobody pays as much as law firms, and if you need to build a life, then you need the cash. So make sure that you bootlick that senior of yours. It's important.
Is it true that a certain lit partner with origins in a South Indian state [...] is particularly toxic and juniors are known to have "spot resigned" due to his constant bullying ?
The firm should be named and all NLUs unitedly should blacklist this firm from recruiting associates from their campuses.The problem is that people don't speak out because of such firing but really some firms can be just obnoxious.
Was this CaM or AZB, where you BARKING...oops... Banking and Finance partner fired you for no fault of yours?Give name of firm or at least partner.No one wants to land up at such firm key team,even by mistake.
A 3-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Yes. Happens. It doesn't have to be a big mistake. Regularly low performing lawyers who slack off or do not pull their weight are "requested to leave"
Do people get fired at law firms? Has it ever happened in your law firm before?
Not really. Some firms fire for the silliest reasons during bonus and increment to save money. Knowing whether to fear or no really depends on the firm than work.
I don't think that crackers or guns are allowed in law firm premises.
You will not be fired unless you commit a gross and irreversible error or something illegal. They would just make your life hell, stop promotions, bonus etc. so that you quit on your own.
A0s almost never get fired, because they're not given work important enough that messing up can cause a tangible impact. A3 onwards your job isn't quite as secure.
Why do you want to know this. Do you have a habit of messing up the work. If yes , please try harder, you will get to know
Majmudar fires everyone even without valid reasons. Associates are paid 20-30k and then fired when an increment or bonus payment comes up. One junior girl I don't wish to name was fired on her first day!
Highkey interested to know. Would help a lot knowing exactly how afraid one should be when joining as an A0 lol. Not that this changes how much effort we make to grow, just puts the anxiety in perspective to have a realistic idea.
How common is firing of associates in law firms? Till what degree does someone has mess it up to get fired? I haven't heard of any instances of someone getting fired