Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
Dear All,

I have around 5 years of work experience as a company secretary. Completed my LLB from a State University with not so flying marks. As a one year break is not possible for me, I wish to pursue the online LLM conducted by JGLS in collaboration with Upgrad..... which has a specialization in financial and corporate law. The fees for this course is Rs 3.5 lakhs. Can you please help me with answers to the below questions (no trolling please, this is a genuine ask as I am unaware and do not want to spend moneys blindly).

(i) Although JGLS doesn't provide a placement support, Upgrad does. Assuming that I am an academically inclined person and do this course sincerely, would it add to my credentials and enable me to get a good corporate lawyer / in house counsel job (I haven't worked in a law firm so am ruling out that option).

(ii) Does LLM in itself make someone eligible for a high profile position or is it more academic in nature.

Please share any experiences of your friends or colleagues who have pursued this course etc.
You can't apply for an academic position or a PhD in India (other than at JGLS) with that LLM degree, since UGC does not recognize online LLMs yet. Plenty of JGLS employees will tell you otherwise, but this is the truth.
it wont improve career prospects. It isnt a regular llm so thats a scandal waiting to explode. I would not do this llm. Your career seems fine- keep plugging away at it.
You will get your LLM for sure but it will not do much for your career
It’s Illegal, they will give you spin about its legality, but it’s not recognised outside
A 6-word comment posted 1 week ago was not published.