Read 20 comments as:
Filter By
Unfortunately so many 3rd yr and 4rth yr students seem to love it thinking its investment banking and finance lol
Please suggest some good stuff for CM and securities law - books, blogs, papers everything!!
I think others have answered your queries to a certain extent. I just wanted to let you know, it's a little too early for settling down on something like this. I would suggest spending some time going through Corporate and Commercial legal areas and find an area accordingly.
Capital market and Securities Regulations are chalk and cheese. While much is written about Cap Market work, Securities work is less understood. See the twitter thread by Sandeep Parekh on what work this involves.
What would you recommend to a second year law student who wishes to explore CapMarkets as a career? What to read? Where to begin from and all of those basic noobie questions....
Who told you that a tax lawyer needs a sound knowledge of math?! If you can do basic arithmetic, that’s fine; knowledge of how a balance sheet looks like is useful (but that isn’t math): but tax law is about the legal aspects of taxation and not the economics of taxation.
Bhai tu chill kar. if you end up as a cap. marks lawyer- you'll learn everything there's to learn as you won't have anything else going on with your life. no need to stress out now.
Hello everyone,
First year law student here and I am really interested in this niche, can anyone suggest what I should be doing at this stage, and what sources I can refer to gain insight.
Also, anything that I should keep in mind beforehand?