Read 4 comments as:
Filter By
Hi I am a clat aspirant and had a question for all the law students here. What does “Supreme Court refuses to stay NLSIU policy to admin 25% students through domicile reservation” mean? Does this mean that there will be 25% dom reservation in the upcoming clat or later on at some point? Also how does domicile reservation affect a university, domicile reservation obviously when heard has a negative connotation in terms of university’s reputation. But, does it, on ground make a huge difference? I don’t think employers think like “ohh this institution has dom reservation aint gonna recruit from here”. Please let me know thanks.
I am sure LI will do a separate story on this so I will comment there. For now, let me just say that it s a dark day for the judiciary and the legal profession. I will give a detailed reply when LI does a proper story.
Dark day for the judiciary and the legal profession? Relax, pal. It’s only a dark day for the NLS trolls here that shout “NLS is unique and special” and that alum ASG who tried to get a verdict to undermine all of NLS’ competition from other national law schools. This is a very fair lesson in karma for people who attempt to underhandedly put down their competition by slimy and misleading means.

As for your response, save it. It’s over now. NLS is merely a state institution.

To answer the OP’s query, the refusal of the stay by the Supreme Court means that NLS will have domicile reservations this year. And no, domicile quota will not automatically affect the quality of the college or recruitments and the like. But the diversity of the student body will be impacted to some extent. Nearly all NLUs except the ones in Delhi and Jodhpur have domicile quota now. And unfortunately, even that may change sooner or later.
I feel for the Sudhir Bhakts. They are reeling under multiple blows these days. First the fanboy judgment is no longer operative, then domicile reservation (agreed upon by precious Sudhir himself), then the news of NLSIU all set to dilute its standards by taking in 300 students per batch and introducing all the quotas that the Bhakts have been disparaging till date. I hope they don't get a stroke.