Read 2 comments as:
Filter By
Hi my dudes - I think the question asked by the OP dude should be rephrased to "How many hours a day do you work". Because that has a direct impact on how much time of the 24 hours are left for you to eat food, say hi to partner/ spouse and sleep. I'll give you my example as i don't waste my time looking at anyone else, or the general rule that is followed in in other teams.

1. During covid, (at least 4 days in a week) my seniors start messaging me by the time they have had their breakfast or before they do, asking that i get some research/ email/ deliverable done/ cleared/ seduced.

2. Average of 3 to 4 zoom calls a day, with constant phone calls and watsapp messages through the day, which by default increases the amount of time i would otherwise need to finish something. So if i need to make a standard DD requisition list that would take me 2 hours, i spend 3 hours.

3. on average i submit stuff, send emails and close things by 8. but 3 times a week, i have to send emails and review work after 8 depending on how urgent my otherwise incompetent senior thinks things are. or if the partner drops a message on the group with regards to an artificial urgency to get things done. im done by 10:30.

The above does not apply for filing weeks/ weekends, during which work is 20 hours a day.

So on a good normal day, i expect to sleep 6 - 7 hours. I would like to get in 8 hours but because i need the money, and am scared of losing my job or pissing off a senior who i know is not worth the dime he/ she is paid, i get panic attacks from 7 AM to check email and phone to make sure i haven't missed a call, email or message.

Dont be like me dudes. Switch off your work phone post 8 PM and only turn it on only post 9 AM in the morning. There is literally a 8 percent chance that they will fire you. Unless you work in capital markets like me. Enough monkeys out there to replace me and my entire team.