Read 43 comments as:
Filter By
@Lol - Who are these - G_ _ _ _ Capital and A _ _ _ _ _?

A bit more insight please...
There are a few folks who have managed to do that, but that entirely depends on their motivations and answer to "why" you want to move out of law.
What salary expectation should one have for SA / PAs moving in-house?

Are companies okay to bring lawyers on as consultants to offset the additional tax liability?
Mostly contract negotiation. There is also a lot of regulatory work involved. If things get too complicated, we get an external opinion. Sometimes two.
A 30-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Where do you see yourself go in the next 3-4 years while being at the NBFC? Do you think it makes long-term sense to stick around or is this just a mid-year career break for you.
Is there anyone out there who has moved to an in-house role and then moved to a core commercial role within the organization? It would be great to hear their experience.
A question to in-house folks:

Can you please describe your day in-house? What does a counsel at JP Morgan do? What do Legal Counsels at Netflix / Amazon do? How much is outsourced and how much do you people do themselves?
Can you please give your salary range? Did you move from a law firm to NBFC?
It depends to where you are moving. There are A3's who have became General Counsels of small well funded Startups.
This seems like a pretty important thread that fellow lawfirmites are not reading.
People sure are leaving quickly. Not sure where they are going......
I am one such person working in Compliance Department of an NBFC. The only positive is the low work load. I generally work for 2-3 hours a day. At times there is no work at all, I just play games on my phone all day and get paid for it.
Is the Pune based "data science" company? I spoke to a few of their former employees. Turns out they are actually running a call center and have 6-7 employees making some data [...] products. This was a scam the moment I spoke to their former employee.
Isn't this true for all jobs though? Like if I'm recruiting for a law firm, it makes sense to talk to former and current associates who have worked there. This isn't like a job after law school where one just staffed with a random Partner.
How does one do this DD? Any tips from experienced folks who have moved in-house before?
Some folks like Damini at Zomato, Sumeet at BharatPe, Joyjyoti at Uber seem to be doing well..
Don't want to take names, but they're based out of Pune and have a decent website as well. The person interviewing also seemed smart. They wanted folks from T1 to come handle their litigation. It was a clear career suicide.
What is meant was that there'll me a lot more options for lawyers to move in-house in more established revenue generating startups. It'll also be easy to identify such startups.
I dont think the startup market for lawyers is going to open up in next 2 years. In fact, I believe the start up bubble is going to burst in the next 2 years.