Read 36 comments as:
Filter By
Shashank Bijapur started Spotdraft, a contract automation tool. May not have made it big yet, but he seems to be doing quite well.
Several such tools out there in the market. Don't mean to downplay his effort but it's not unique.
NUJS has quite a few in that arena - Ramanuj (iPleaders, Law Sikho), Tanuj Kalia (Lawctopus), Om Agarwal (Timespade, EazyCoach), Anzar Abbas (CLATapult) etc.

SAMA and ODRWays by Pranjal Sinha and Akshetha Ashok is going to become very big in the coming with the start of corporate partnerships and investments:

https://www.business-standard.com/article/companies/e-commerce-marketplace-snapdeal-sees-success-in-online-dispute-resolution-121061701499_1.html

Not counting the non-profit initiatives in this case which might be many more. Feel free to add to this list.
Ashish Arun, 2010 batch,Offshore Research Partners.
Anuj Agrawal, 2009 batch, Amicus Partners.
Sreerupa Chowdhury, 2013 batch, Lawfarm, Bribehackers and several others.
One other graduate, I forgot her name, probably from the 2010 batch, has a group of beauty salons now of her own, possibly in Singapore.
There is also someone from the 2005 batch who had started her own tourism company. Can't remember her name.

But yes, NUJS has a pretty good collection of entrepreneurs.
The hater troll hates with consistency. All the comments talking about NUJS entrepreneurs have received the same downvoting from what one presumes to be the same troll. For no obvious reason.
This is a one-sided list. All are basically in the legal education field. It would be better if you can gives names of people in a variety of fields, if your college has such people.
Plenty of others have been named. If you have the patience to read the responses, that is.
Sleepy Owl is a pretty popular coffee brand which was started by a few JGLS grads.
It's great coffee. Expensive thou - target clients should be thier JGLS/Law Firm friends, it seems :P
Good coffee, but they really need to improve the quality of the glass with that jug I got from them!
Sapan Parekh, NLSIU - Leegality which is turning out to be India's alternative to DocuSign soon.
NLSIU had produced some of the most outstanding entrepreneurs in the entire country. My pick is Naiya Saggy: joined McKinsey straight from college, MBA from Harvard on a Fulbright, selected to meet Mark Zuckerberg. Many others have also done MBAs from A-list colleges.
Err...MBA grads working for business houses and consulting firms and entrepreneurs are not one and the same (nothing against the former).
You got my downvote for not telling us what she started. Doing an MBA is great (kudos to her) but that is not becoming an entrepreneur.
You fools, she has left McKinsey and started Baby Chakra after her Harvard MBA, which is how she got invited to meet Zuckerberg!
The only fool here is you. She has not yet become Zuckerberg that people would know what she has been doing from her name. The original comment did not mention any entrepreneurial activity on her part, and has been rightly called out for that. Just because she is from NLSIU, that doesn't mean people have memorised her CV and career path.
Lol, I love how getting to meet Zuckerberg is being considered by people here as some sort of career-defining moment, and the utmost of accomplishments. I am more impressed by the work she has been doing for the babies and their parents.
And yet Commenter number 5 thought that, on a post about lawyers who turned entrepreneurs, the fact that she met Zuckerberg (probably true for several thousand lawyers) or that she joined a consulting firm straight out of law school (true for about two NLS grads a year for abiout 10 years between 2005 and 15) was more relevant than her actual entrepreneurial venture.
Pranjal Kamra from HNLU 2015 - started finology, and also has a huge following on youtube. The man inspires me to startup.
LST/Agami - Sachin Malhan
Vahura - Ritvik Lukose
Ankit or Arpit Ratan - one of them was a lawyer - founders of Signzy
Pranjal Kamra, HNLU grad, founder of Finology. His YouTube channel seems to be quite popular among newbies to the stock market.
See www.samanacentre.com a niche consultancy set up by Aparna Mittal (after 13-14 years at Tier Iaw firms where she was a M&A partner).
Harsh Ghagrani. Don't know his batch. NLU Bhopal. Co founder of Legaledge.
CLAT coaching centres don't really amount of entrepreneurial success. There are dime a dozen out there, and the client base will always be rather limited.