Read 44 comments as:
Filter By
Is working at a company as an in-house counsel better than working at a top-tier law firm? I am willing to get paid less. My current team members are very rude and I have been working for about an year at this firm.
Yup but I have no idea about compensation at companies as an in-house counsel.
I work in a legal department of a Company and my senior is extremely rude.
Most rude people are insecure and stupid. Screw them, complete your deliverables.
Thaka hua bacha gen z hai. Rudeness se kya hi farak padta hai. Wait for your moment and then you be rude to them. Those are the rules of the game, as taught to us.
He is 5 years senior to me. He threatens to get me fired and gives me more work than others.
Yes, bro. The problem is that I need my salary alteast for one more year
The guy has a habit of complaining to my Partner. He lies to the Partner and says that I don't work.
Loved how you worked your way around the moderation for cuss words.
Shuva was at Zia, Amarchand and Tatas.
The place doesn't matter. It's an insecure person issue.
Exactly! It is hard to take a stand against those guys as a junior.
If I do that, he will retaliate by giving me more work. I mean he gives me more work than what he does to my counterparts. He likes to make me work till late night.
If a pandemic doesn't teach you that life is short and death is unexpected,then nothing can be learnt by you.This is not the only law firm In the world.Apply elsewhere to another one, gets the offer and then tell this senior/SA and the firm to go to hell.
Realistic option for you - Start looking for a job. Somewhere in between finding the new job and notice period, call the person out with full force. Go all the way. Fuck him over (if he half as bad as you say he is, it will totally be worth it).
Thank you for sharing this story. I have been following various threads on LI and I was shit scared of what I am gonna encounter at the firm.
Yup. I am waiting for COVID to get over so that I can move to some other firm.
Give it back. Do not think for a moment that you will be fired. Your contract is with the firm, not the Partner
It's everywhere. People in our country don't have a handle on their emotions, more so in the legal profession. Tolerate it to a reasonable point, but stand up for yourself if it becomes too much. At the same time, don't mistake criticism for rudeness.
Why is a counsel working at 3am? What's the point of going off partner track then
What was the Counsel doing at 3 AM in the night ?
Going through the same issue.
Came here to check if there is some new advice. Thanks LI buddies!
Any more gyaan on how to deal with it?
Try speaking to senior partner who can mentor the rude senior. In most cases though neither seniors nor HR do anything about it if concerned person is billing hours. So stand up for yourself and if it doesn't get better, switch.
A 10-word comment posted 5 years ago was not published.
A 12-word comment posted 5 years ago was not published.
A 14-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.