Read 1 comments as:
Filter By
Hi my dudes - a couple of clarifications.

a. Tier 1 law firm associates don't make a lot compared to even other intermediaries on any given deal team. The dudes that are screaming entitlement really have no idea what the current pay scale regime is for our kinda qualified work. Even with the consultants tax breaks we make nothing for what our contemporaries make on a global scale (adjusted for currency/ buying power and the works). While yes, we are not splitting an atoms or doing any cutting edge work(loved it when partners coming in for day zero use to talk about firm life as something out of a gatsby novel + blade runner), we are doing a lot of work with a lot of hours and with heavy qualification built over years of doing something. Market forces on a global level already show that our salary structures have us pegged at the far back end.

b. I have been screaming unionisation (or association for that one cockroach who somehow thinks lawyers can't unionise) for years. Since the 3rd day of working at a firm. People are running around scared shitless at firms, no one has any sense of timelines, natural expectations to deliver on ungodly hours to bankers who by the way usually have zero value add on the transaction/ documentation aspect of things. to all naysayers - historically every group that dreamed of unionising had jerks off like you cream entitlement and the works. History is going to forget you as fast as i can type up this post.

c. Also lets not even talk about demand and supply here - its nauseating to see lawyers do so. Its just sad how sorry your analysis of market forces are that you somehow think dictates pay structure of corporate lawyers in India.

d. some guy said that the number of people willing to work for the same salary in 2015 is the same as 2021 - i am sorry but have you noticed the sheer scale movement in quality talent that you are retaining. My team at SAM has hired 11 A0s when all we need is 3 good A3s or A4s. There is absolutely no supply of quality. Yes enough A0s out there for a mediocre orgy - but nothing to relieve the deal teams of workload pressure . (no pun intended)

e. Also the sad part is that people who scream of entitlement or hatred for people who want to speak out are simply scared. I know 2 SAs in my team just like this and they have no idea of what to do outside of this system. This system that wants you checking your phone from 7Am in the morning and responding to emails till its 1AM. Dont pay any attention to these people. I think they need to throw away that token ayan rand book and go out on a 2 week holiday to some nice village on the hills and calm down. Sorry - these people never take holidays cause they are scared to piss of their own incompetent senior who thinks holidays are for the entitled.