Read 32 comments as:
Filter By
A 14-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
How is that guy elitist? He is the one speaking out against the so-called 'star alumni' culture, and rightly so. That is actually the opposite of elitism. You should read and understand the meaning of words more carefully before using those at random.
You are also privileged, elitist and not worried about showing it off. The fact that you're so proud of your parents sponsored reputed "foreign" universities degrees, and display it as a point of difference, establish the above.
A. I am 90's born. Having studied at old institutions doesn't make a person old.
B. I am not an ageist. Are you?
C. Clearly you have got nothing to say with regard to my original point. Which is why the discussion since then turned into ad hominem.
Should you really be spending time here then instead of family? Aren't you "too old for this shit"?
Sudhir isn't offering any extra funding for research unlike JGLS. He can't afford to. Student quality is a different issue though.
I agree. Not important. Faculty hires happen regularly. LI should start covering local college hires too if this is important. Jagran has plenty of NLU hires and what not cover lovely professional because it's lovely?
Nobody will join JGLS from NLSIU. You must be out of your mind. It is rather the other way roundz given the quality of students and research opportunities Sudhir is offering
Can we announce the names of the NLU profs expected to join JGLS or will that be unethical before they confirm? As it was pointed out, they are not from NLSIU but other top NLUs. Maybe LI already has spoken to them.
What is the point of an anonymous online messaging board if you can’t even spread gossip? Tell tell ! Who is it?
A 31-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
People who talk about star alumni have actually received very little education themselves. Which is also why they are always eager to pass judgment about who is a good teacher and who is not without having any idea themselves.
Agree. In fact, LI sucks bcoz it only reports firm hires/promotions and neglects the academic/NGO/govt sector.
Bhai Sudhir jab hire karta hai tab front page news ban jaati hai. Tab nahi pucha why is this important.
Prabhash is an absolute legend. We spent some time at SOAS. It’s great to see him going to places. He is definitely the next big thing in legal academia. Kudos!
QS 2022 overall rankings were released and subject rankings would release in 6 months. JGLS is probably targeting an under 50 rank, hence the surge in hires
Because Prabhash Ranjan is one of the best upcoming scholars of International Investment Law from India
Yeah hires other than tier 1 hires don’t qualify as news, right! He must’ve forgot
Prabhash Ranjan joining as Vice Dean. Confirmed.

Also a popular young faculty member from a top NLU (not NLSIU )may be joining. This is still not 100% confirmed, so not giving the name yet.