Read 56 comments as:
Filter By
Two names that immediately come to mind.

Sai Krishna at AZB. Shishir at CAM.
Before anyone asks: Sachin = Salve. Another level of genius altogether.
Basically who is the Rahul Dravid of corporate lawyers? CSS, SSS, etc can be thought of as analogous to Ganguly: ok enough batsman but his strength was in building a cohesive organisation.

So who is the corporate legal fraternity’s Dravid?
A 14-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
It's not brilliance if you have more than 700 lawyers working for you who are feeding you all the critical aspects of law and making super reports and keeping you upto date on deals or clients,all that they do makes you look really smart and savvy.Thats privilege.
A 3-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
If your family firm has been in legal sector for 100 years,it's in depth experience t tatt you can recall at your fingertips but thats not exactly brilliance.
If Cyril Shroff is "JUST brilliant",then how is it that the CAM name has been popping up in so many controversies and scams?
Sonali Mahapatra - solid solid lawyer. TT&A is not flashy but are very good at what they do.
Please use some other moniker for your personal opinions. The second hand cringe is real.
I think it's SAMs Shardul Shroff,he's not just built up the Delhi Corp office from the ground up but also developed the Delhi Corp market.Thats accomplishment
It definitely seemed like a troll-baiting attempt to start another NLU students are better than non-NLU students debate, hence trollish :)
Yes,many of the lit lawyers could probably easily beat the law firm partners and teams on Corp law.
Why is this flagged as trollish? Why can't we say that young NLU grads are better than the Shroffs but lag behind because of lack of money power and influence? Kian and his wonderfully bizarre moderation policies.
A 8-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
I think it should be Mr. Shroff (Cyril). I was in AMSS-CAM and closely worked and observed him. He is JUST brilliant.
When it comes to technicals or accomplishments, going by recent performance pick up in the pandemic I would say Trilegal,may even AZB in close contest.But definitely not CAM.CAM's gotten behind in the race or market in the last few years.
A 36-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Ya so classy to declare yourself the God of the legal busines.of all the business?in the world?How so humble:-):-):-)
A 9-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Technically accomplished- Mr. Ashish Ahuja-WG. His range of work in commercial law landscape is phenomenal. Master of all. Loved by clients. Respected by by his juniors and peers.
AZB has become the go-to firm for companies on deals and established itself firmly in last few years as top Tier1 matching the likes of SAM, CAM, Kco.These firms have been around long so AZB current position is an accomplishment in itself.
The arrogance is well known,now the God syndrome? Thankfully some of us are part of small small firms with human and (some) humane heads.
I would vote for Jyoti Sagar. It would have definitely been umakant had he remained a corporate lawyer
The question was who is the technically must accomplished lawyer, not who is running the most commercial law firm...............ya,also reading skills are kind of a necessity for being technically accomplished at most LAW firms,but maybe not at yours......
Are Cyril and Shardul the most powerful and well-connected? YES.
Are they the best? NO.

Are NLU young turks the most powerful and well-connected? NO.
Are they the best? YES.
He who bills the most, eats what you kill the most, and has got no chill.
Reputations build up. Lawyers will know, students probably won’t.