Read 20 comments as:
Filter By
Considering many, if not most, Indian Law Schools offer electives, it might be a good idea to compile a list of the most unique, innovative and creative elective courses offered across Law schools in India. Comment with such elective/s either taken by you (with feedback) or that you credibly know of to have been offered.
Some colleges like NLS and NLUD offer different electives (seminars) each year, since most seminars are taught by visiting faculty. Many seminars might be offered once and then never again as the concerned faculty might have quenched their thirst for teaching and won't be interested in teaching again. So I don't see what the point of such a database would be.
A great initiative. Hopefully, this becomes a good database for students (both current and aspiring). Here's my contribution (although it might be nice for these faculty to teach such good courses other than Jindal too):

1. Mythology, Aesthetics and Modern Law: An Investigation into the Epistemology of the Law (Amit Bindal, JGLS): One of the best law school electives offered at Jindal. Critical legal enquiry at its best questioning the foundational assumptions of modern law and its functioning, the law's categorization of what constitutes evidence, and how the English common law has evolved into a system based on certain historical prejudices and practices.

2. Harry Potter and the Power of Imagination (Rashmi Raman, JGLS): Another course (for HP fans) that looks not just at the world of Harry Potter but also at how pop culture informs us about, and influences, the culture of law and legal practice. Although (one critique) this course could have been more reading intensive and lecture based. The course was predominantly based on student presentations. It would have been nice if the Professor dealt with the reading material more closely.

3. Psychoanalysis, Violence and Criminal Law: An Investigation into the Legal Unconscious (Amit Bindal, JGLS): A very good course that introduces students to a psychoanalytic method of reading the law. Students were introduced to how psychoanalysis, as a genre of reading, can help in critically reading and thinking about not just legislations and judgments, but also material legal practices, doctrines and legal traditions.
I am only writing about the courses that I have taken myself, or have heard great reviews of from batchmates or juniors, along with looking at the material and outline.
1. Law and Impoverishment
2. Law and practice of project finance : Other NLUs offer similar papers now, but when this was started back in 2013, it actually made me fall in love with financial laws.
3. Film and Law
4. Sports Law
5. Outer Space Law
6. An Interface between Fantasy Fiction Literature and Law with Special Focus on Rowling's Potterverse
7. Artificial Intelligence and Law
8. Comparative Citizenship and Immigration Law
9. Equity and Trusts
10. Gender and Law
11. Adjudication of Socio-Economic Rights
12. Entertainment and Media Law
Same guy is also offering another new elective on Comics and Law in the next sem. Pretty cool stuff.
1 and 11: Saurabh Bhattacharjee
2, 6, and 7: Shouvik Guha
3 and 10: Ruchira Goswami
4: Lovely Dasgupta
5: Sandeep Bhat
8: Darshana Mitra
9: Anuradha Roychowdhury
12: Shameek Sen
Seminar Courses:

- Air and Space Law
- Disaster Management Law
- Law and Morality
- Legislative Drafting
- Natural Resource and Energy Law

Other Optional Courses:

- Consumer Protection.
- Health and Medicine Law
- International Banking and Finance
- International Commercial Arbitration
- Land Law (UP)
- Law and Agriculture
- Law and Economics
- Law and Education
- Law, Science and Technology
- Real Estate Law
- Sports Law
- Women and Law
I took the following seminar courses at NLUD and loved all of them
1. Financing by Ankita Goel De Mallik
2. Public M&A by Anirban Bhattacharya
3. Recent Issues in Indian Trademark Law by Eashan Ghosh
4. Criminal Process by Abhinav Sekhri
5. Commercial Arbitration Practicum by Ashutosh Kumar
6. CopyrightX by Arul George Scaria

Ashutosh takes the same course at NLS, so they could tell you about how they felt about it. CopyrightX was available to all Indian students this year (subject to a selection process), so more people can give feedback.
NLSIU offers a fantastic set of electives taught by really good guest faculty. It is a totally student driven initiative. The list of courses is not made public to keep the information exclusive, but LI can request SIPLA for illustrative examples.
Why is the information exclusive? You are afraid that people would get to know the name of the courses and the market value of those would then take a plunge akin to a stock market crash? What ridiculous and small-minded notions!
That's interesting. When you say it's a student initiative, do students get to chose who's called, or decide what electives should be offered, or both?
It functions like a credit course cell. Several other NLUs have the same arrangement. Alumni and practitioners offer these courses, most of those get approved, students get to swap the credits with regular papers. NLSIU, NALSAR, NUJS, NLUD, all have got this culture, and plenty of good courses are being offered there on a regular basis throughout the year.
Pointless naming courses without faculty. The course is only as good as the faculty.
If students are actually naming courses that they found to be good, then it stands to reason that the faculty must have taught those well. Can't figure out what your problem with that might be.
I think the name of the faculty might be relevant given if two or more faculty have taught the same course, and the course has actually been good with one of them.