Read 17 comments as:
Filter By
As an associate, I have to work with a team of 3-4 co associates to execute projects, research, first drafts, etc.
There are two types of colleagues, who make the mess, and the ones who clean it
How do I deal with colleagues who don't add amy value in such group projects, and anyway steal credit for the work product?
O young soul!!!This world is full of such people....just try and feed few pieces of wrong information to them every now and then. Timing is the key.
I CAN UNDERSTAND HOW FRUSTRATING IT MIGHT BE. HOWEVER IT IS BEST TO LET THEM BE AND GIVE YOUR BEST. SOON YOUR TEAM REALISES WHO IS THE WORKER AND THE LAZY ASSOCIATES MOVE ON. I ENVY THE LAZY ASSOCIATES THOUGH. I WISH I WAS LAZY LIKE THEM AND DID NOT CARE ABOUT WHAT ANYONE THOUGHT AS LONG AS I GOT MY PAY PACKET AT THE END OF THE MONTH.
It's high time NLU kids stop feeling like they moved heaven and earth by studying in an NLU.
This statement clearly shows that you've never worked with a someone who isn't from an NLU.
I have, which is why I have written that comment. The fact that Kian published that comment also shows there's nothing objectionable with it. In fact, he may even be inclined to agree with me. Cheerio
No matter what my public stand is but I have to agree. However, this just goes for freshers because once you get into the profession you become well rounded and can do stuff as well as anybody. But freshers is a different story. Freshers from private colleges need much more training than NLU people (even people with multiple tier I internships). There are definitely exceptions but the rule is the sad truth.
SA asks 4 associates to work on grounds to challenge a petition.
SA asks one A3 to communicate it to 3 others.
2 Associates work damn hard, do some great research till 5pm. Goes to check work done by others.
Finds out 1 was having 'breaks' all day- work done- nil.
The other one does crappy research for many hours. He has no idea what to search.
Frustrated, the 2 good associates now have to research for them, stay till 11.30pm. As they want to report to the SA the next morning in a presentation.
The draft is completed. The shy talented associate who does all the work sits peacefully in the office, gets sidelined by the associate who has excellent people pleasing skills to flatter the SA/PA and take all the credit of the work product.

The laxy associate says to the talented associate, soo sorry yaa, I never inteded to get the credit. You're so talented anyways yaa....
Lets not deviate from the topic of this thread. Any advise will be much appreciated.
Lazy associates thrive in those teams where the bosses prefer yes men than see their work outputs.The bosses who need such ego booster yes men will allow these guys to get away with being unproductive and lazy at work.