Read 41 comments as:
Filter By
A 167-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 28-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
Take the partner whining to another conversation,this one is for the Associates.
Original commentator from here. Appreciate your honesty and grave in accepting that what you posted came across as entitled.
That's not the point. Typical broadcast media anchor behaviour - nahi pasand to Pakistan jao.
Business hai bhai, woh toh karna hi padega na. Only point is don't take way 95% of my billings, especially when that is all I am doing in my waking life. I would say till 60% is fair.
Who pays rent? Who gets the clients? And who pays retainers when clients take 6 months to clear the invoices?
Buddy, why don't you leave your law firm job and see how much you can earn per hour working on your own. Show em.
Now I'm wondering how much senior counsels earn given that Jnr Assoc on paper are charging $200...
Hey, thanks for pointing this out, didn't really cross my mind while doing the calculations. Considering how lenient I've been with the working hours, after accounting all of the points you've stated, I think the firm's cut would go down to about 75%-80%.
Exactly, like as if I was going to get that client at that rate without the name of the firm behind me.
A 17-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
This is flawed on so many levels. But what gets me is the entitlement.