Read 84 comments as:
Filter By
Hookup culture?
Lmao no law student is getting laid the last time i check.
The hostel life is colourful in all the NLUs located in Patiala, Lucknow, Patna, Bhopal, Raipur, Jodhpur. NLUs in Shimla & Ranchi are growing colourful hostel culture there very fast.
It’s quite surprising that RGNUL finds barely any mention over here. It probably has the most decadent and despotic atmosphere of all the NLUs. The colourful hostel culture is the only saving grace.
Absolutely SHOCKING that this goes on in NUJS. Shame on the college for claiming there is no ragging.
NLUO

State support
Mooting Culture
Competitive environment
Hookup culture
Alumni doing really well
Founding VC was one of the best.
A 4-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Wait! NUJS has apparently gone ahead of that. As per a post on Linkedin, they are calling Founder of Fault News & a ruling party leader to debate Fake News. Ironical that the ones who spread violence & hv questionable record are being called to talk on fake news
So liberal values for you means not tolerating a person who speaks against your view & preconceived notion but tolerating a person who speaks against your country? Is that what 'liberal' intends to convey?
People who think like that did not get their characters built properly. You don't need ragging by seniors to build your character. They hardly know any better than you about almost anything.
I think too much fear psychosis is spread around ragging. But some character building can be achieved, if done well and safely without exceeding acceptable limits.
Trollish in particular for the word "libra***" if that even is a word? What is "libra***"? In any case, it definitely sounded trollish in intent if it required asterisks...
Fully agree and it's sad the biased moderator marked it as trollish .
Most of the matters highlighted here about NLUD's issues have been during the time he was Registrar. So I'll wait a while longer to see how it goes.
How long does that continue, and how brutal can ragging at nujs it get physically and mentally?
Safety reasons apart, the girls hostel is just one and that is quite small, crowded and congested. The campus is situated in a densly populated area making it unsafe for girls outside the boundaries, and sometimes inside too.
As far as usage of word 'liberal' n present times is concerned, NUJS should come in that category. First they uninvited governor, then invited Derek O Brien, Suchitra Vijayan... Liberal (rather libra***) in true sense
Since you have never been to any of the four, one wonders what makes you an expert on them.
It's UP but as a general rule, girls in college felt a lot more comfortable smoking at Sampark than at the tapri across the main gate. That should say something. RML aint much liberal wise, but it's definitely a lot better than Power House Chowk.
It's UP. Human beings deserving of that name don't find it comfortable anywhere.
Hey NLU grads, tell me, how brutal is the ragging in NLUs? How physical and emotional does it get? Is it intolerable, or is it just normal 'interaction'?
If you are indeed an alum, why don't you talk to your juniors who are there now and find out for yourself?
Is that why the students' IP. addresses are tracked while using the university wi fi? RVR's days are gone, ala re ala Sudhir ala!
NLS has the most liberal environment, a legacy of the Venkata Rao era.
I was a product of the RVR era, so that's that. Though I doubt Sudhir is policing dress codes/moralising. Either give some useful insight, or pipe down.
Yes, nobody claims here that other NLUs are not bad either. But people claiming that NLUD is pure as driven snow and as liberal as it gets should know exactly what it is that they are defending.
New nlus coming up nlu Indore, nlu Belgaum, nlu chennai and nlu jaisalmer
NLUJ does a lot of chest thumping about being student-driven, but will turn a blind eye to the disgusting culture of ragging that pervades every inch of that hideous hostel. Hypocrisy at its best
All the links mentioned above contain reported facts. If you have studied at NLUD, which I doubt, you should have learnt by now about truth being a defence to defamation.
Most liberal: NLSIU, NALSAR, NLUD.

Least liberal: Every single NLU where with the BS tradition of addressing senior as Sir and Madam.. like WTF??? Sadly, that's pretty much all the other NLUs.
The first rule about ragging at NLUs is that nobody talks about ragging at NLUs.
If it is indeed true then I am thankful that the environment on campus had improved vastly by the time I joined. But yes, it is shameful that such a toxic environment once existed on campus.
The truth can be uncomfortable and hurtful. NLUD has earlier come to the news both in relation of moral policing and sexual harassment, as well as casteism.
Please search the LI archive itself, you should get links to that story. Whether you believe a senior of yours who had gone public is of course up to you.
It was not what you are trying to portray. Things have been amicably resolved. Sometimes misunderstandings can happen.
It depends on how well the guards at the gate know you, and, sadly, your sex. I have heard from a lot of my female friends that the guards give them more grief about going out after 10 pm.
I would disagree with that. I've always been helped at NUJS whenever I have asked for it, be it by faculty or fellow students.
But points deducted for:

- lack of culture of helping out and student unity
- gender insensitivity
And amidst all that natural splendour too (read: in the middle of nowhere).
Hey, i havent heard of the 10 PM curfew ever being enforced, or faced it personally. are you sure they even make an attempt to enforce it as such? rest all is well explained!