Read 21 comments as:
Filter By
4 years, not 3.

I think we have a better thread to discuss this topic now. You can learn about the savings and investments of fellow law firm folks.
Too late to rethink now. Those who quit tier 1 quit in the first 2 years. The others stay on for life.
I stay with family in Mumbai (no rent!) and just made SA1. My savings are around the 65 L mark. Will work till I hit the 1 CR milestone and take a long break to rethink life decisions.
Just finished 3 years at a t1 in Mumbai, I have ~25 L in savings. You tell me.
You will be wealthy in your 20s but you will probably die a few decades earlier with all the stress
But isn’t the wealth you can potentially get in lit in your 40s far far more than what you can get in Corp?
Just a genuine question
Will I be wealthy in my 20s as a corporate lawyer considering I’ll graduate from law school at 25?
Being wealthy in your 40s isn't the same as being wealthy in your 20s. Time in itself is an important factor, think this through.
When:

a) Court reforms happen and cases are won on merit and not by fixing and the speed of litigation improves
b) When liberalisation of the legal sector happens
c) When the quality of judges improves, ideally through an Indian Judicial Service