Read 29 comments as:
Filter By
There are at least 25-30 NUJS LLB alum in multiple state lower judiciary. In Bengal, at least 10% of every LLM batch eventually goes into the state lower judiciary. You don't know about them because there is no LI post about them.
Oh, I didn't know we lallams were included. There are 16 of us in lower judiciary of various states from one batch at NALSAR. I have a BA LLB from one of the 'lower' NLUs.
NLU Delhi Students do join Delhi Judicial Services. So I didn't add. It's not as if NLU Delhi is not a Top NLU.
How deep have you searched? - Rajasthan and Gujarat judiciary is full of graduates of NLUJ and GNLU. Also, please check MP with early batches of NLIU. It is a matter of looking I guess rather than deciding that we don't join lower judiciary.
First work in a corporate law firm and then talk about slogging in lower judiciary
The money makes up for it. The lower judiciary doesn't even offer that.
Who said lower judiciary does not offer money, the starting post salary of variously state judiciary is one lakh plus ( including all amenities) smd excluding official residence and car
In states like U.P., Bihar, Chhatisgarh, Rajasthan, a PCS-J judge earns respect in society and a decent dowry. They are government service minded people. Sarkari bungalow ie government accommodation, sarkari naukar add prestige to the holder in the eyes of his/her relatives.
From Rajasthan. Can vouch for this claim. Only someone with little to no knowledge of us could have marked it as trollish.
Last time WBJS had been held, as many as four ranks of the top ten had been snagged by NLU students, 3 from NUJS.