Read 105 comments as:
Filter By
Yes, when the consent is manufactured or pressured from a superior position. At least pretend to read.
Clearly the LW loses all track of the various issues that they highlight as of concern when it comes to one of their own.
Someone who has consensual sex with a lady is called rapist?

According to Right Wingers - that maybe the case.
A 21-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 25-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Did the girl consent for a brief kiss, a prolonged one, or a mid-ranged one according to Liang?
But he is also trying to say that the girl consented (which she denies) so no confession as such.
"I have kissed someone without her consent, but I didn't do it for long though" - seems like a confession to me.
How does the determination of the prosecuting university lead to someone being declared innocent of the crime that he's actually confessed to? I think you are confusing rule of law with procedural technicalities.
Err...how is the scholarship connected with that ecosystem inexorably?
A 19-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
NLSIU alumni when other law school alumni accused of SH: ๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿคฌ

NLSIU alumni when NLSIU alumni accused of SH: ๐Ÿฆ—๐Ÿฆ—๐Ÿฆ—๐Ÿฆ—๐Ÿฆ—๐Ÿฆ—๐Ÿค๐Ÿค๐Ÿค๐Ÿค๐Ÿค
So setting up HR organisations, and litigating for HR gives one license to SH and the support that obviously comes for such acts from so many people!
Looks like these Lawrence fan army have free time in their hands after trying to browbeat Wikipedia to ensure that SH conviction remains off his page. Sad, sad. Such waste of education.
If you allow condescending "move on child", and extremely problematic religious analogies, I fail to see whether a reply involving age is censored and marked trollish, Kian.
Yes, people are free to choose the subject of their condemnation. It is the hypocrisy of certain NLSIU alumni that is being condemned here. If you have got a problem with that, who cares?
People are free to condemn what they like. Its like asking a Muslim to condemn terrorism whenever terrorism occurs, because they chose to speak against discrimination against Muslims. No one is buying this argument you are peddling. Move on child. Move on.
A 37-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
If an NLS alum is ever taken to the court on a charge of sexual harassment, the court would hold the Vishaka Guidelines unconstitutional and void ab initio so that they can be set free with costs reimbursed.
If an institution is to be boycott because there have been past instances of SH there and the perpetrator has been allowed to go mostly scot free, then most of the tier one law firms, companies and even the Supreme Court would definitely make that list. Sad, but true.
If a student goes to intern there despite knowing everything, then that's really the student's call. Nobody is asking others to boycott Supreme Court internships either, despite the Gogoi fiasco.
It can be in the form of an advisory saying do not intern here. Or it can be like a student boycott. The intention is to send a message that SH will not be tolerated.
NLUs don't provide the internships to the students. How would they ban it exactly? There is something called constitutional rights.
The least that NLUs can do is ban internships at ALF until an official apology is given and accountability instituted.
Look in the mirror if you want someone to blame. The fault is with Indian society that it allows him to continue in his position (at a university funded by taxpayer's money) despite such a shocking finding by an SH committee.
Can you quote any comment made in this thread that says NLSIU should be held responsible for Liang's actions? Why on earth are you trying to change the subject and turn it into a NLU v. NLU slugfest? [...]
A 19-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Well, I have cleaned mine up and hence I am pointing fingers now. So you can stop trying to the change the subject of this discussion.
Yeah the nalsar guy got off scot free. His batchmates and juniors even wrote a petition about how good a guy he was and how he couldnโ€™t have done what he did. Itโ€™s easy to point fingers- itโ€™s harder to look at your own behaviour and clean it up.
Can anyone share the full text of OP's Scribe link? I don't have a Scribe account.
Damn it, I was just on my way to ring Saikat (the journalist) up and demand to know why he had been hoarding all those Christmas gift hampers from the Ambanis!
Left, right, centre, everybody is a hypocrite if they turn a blind eye to their own house.
Most powerful harassers find stalwarts to represent them. The first thing that such stalwarts tend to do is stall. Preferably for years.
Stop talking nonsense. It is another Saikat Datta who worked for Reliance, not him! Kian, please delete this comment. This idiot did a Google search and got confused by the other Saikat Datta, whose LinkedIn profile crops up. You an see for yourself.
Also, you might not intend to go after the girl but your post does just that.

[...]
Disciplinary action without affixing responsibility? Wow, that's some novel legal sense that you have got there.
The case isn't being 'raked up'. Liang could have accepted the conviction, apologised, and faced the music. He's the one who is 'raking it up' if anyone.
Why is this marked trollish? Is it trollish to point out double standards of the woke left?
No? Search for his opeds while he was a Reliance employee and see if he disclosed his employment.
I worry that Liang may eventually win. With the case getting delayed like this it will be a financial and emotional burden on the girl. She is also up against ace lawyers.
Complete nonsense. He was not convicted. I request comment 8.2 to be flagged. An internal SH committee cannot convict, only a court can do so. An internal committee can only take disciplinary action. Please do not mislead.
How does Mr Jawahar Raja's reputation as a lawyer matter in this instance?
If law school claims contribution for all the success of its alumni, then it must also shoulder the blame for their failures.
Is the NUJS Law Review indeed publishes Liang's article, it will be hypocrisy to the power of infinity. Governor Dhankhar was cancelled for supporting CAA, so why does Liang not get cancelled?
If they studied at a law university whose alum make it a regular habit to speak out on such matters other than when it comes home to roost, then it would have been raised.
A 69-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Because 'law' school! And because woke alumni speak up on so many other injustices and power imbalances.
I can't understand why Law School is being dragged into this. During the Harvey Weinstein or MJ Akbar incident did anyone mention which university they went to? It's of zero relevance here.
He has already delivered the memorial lecture long time back. The proceedings have to be published as per an understanding with the funder.
Quote:
gainst a globally known NLS alum.
Shocking if true. Why can't you name him? Was the complaint made in a law firm, NGO or university? And how well known is the person?
NLSIU alumni should hang their heads in shame. Next time they lecture on feminism and human rights. Complete hypocrites.
"Liang argued that as ALF was a โ€œsmall organization of 18 peopleโ€ and there was some ambiguity on what constituted sexual harassment."

Tells you all about the man. Just another petty sovereign. The silence of NLS' woke alumni is deafening.
A 10-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.