Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
What is the pay structure like for freshers in these companies? Are they more lucrative than tier1 law firms? Also any tips for an A0 considering a switch?
Do they even hire freshers ?
I have a few friends who have joined the legal teams of HDFC group company and Tata group company. They joined the company as long term interns in 3rd or 4th year(Mumbai university students) and after graduating they were offered a job in same team. Salary was around 35-40k.
ITC hires freshers regularly. At least, it does from my NLU. The pay used to be decent too at least till 2019, around 13-14 lpa CTC.
ITC pays the least and the slip in salaries is noticeably significant.
The engineers and managements salaries are abysmally low too.
Yes, almost 50% of the legal team in the ITC Kolkata HQ are from NUJS only. They pay decently and work hours are also nice. So is the food.
Any way that people not from NUJS can apply to ITC Kolkata this year? Are they hiring?
They were hiring until a couple of months back at least. Though their recruitment process takes really long.
Never join ITC. The hoops you have to jump through in your day to day work life is worse than getting your phone number and address updated in your Aadhar.
HUL hires from NLS for their Management Trainee programme, the pay is very good (as good/better than Tier 1). Plus very good exposure (postings in London, Africa, rural India, Mumbai etc), so those aiming for a top MBA after that are in a very good position. In fact, I've heard it said that lately the HUL Management Trainee programme might offer a better shot at a top MBA than even McKinsey/BCG (because the latter is so saturated and has heavy internal competition, unlike HUL which doesn't have such a large cohort so you stick out better before HBS/Stanford admissions committees).