Read 28 comments as:
Filter By
As far as I know they only hire from NLSIU, not other NLUs. Cream of the crop hiring the cream of the crop!
But I thought NLSIU students are all about helping the needy, championing causes of justice, filling all the think tanks of the country, one drop at a time!
They stopped hiting from NLSIU also. Perhaps they realised NLS isnt anymore cream of the crop. So have foreign law firms stopped hiring from NLSIU. There are hardly 1/2 TCs by NLSIU students every year.
Were you even 10th pass in 2014 or 2015? Please refrain from talking about other universities when you do not have any idea, just to sound cool and show off that you are a part of the recruitment committee of a top university.

They came in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019. Don't know about 2020 and 2021.
McKinsey wanted to come to NLS to hire even after 2015 but NUJS RPC 2023 didn't give its permission
What? I think you meant vacation scheme offers. The vacation schemes are scheduled for the coming summer and precede TCs.
Nope, I meant TCs. Batches graduating in 2022 got done with their vac schemes in the last few months of 2020.
Only Linklaters had its vac scheme in late 2020. HSF and A&O will be having theirs in the summer.
That is not accurate. Only one MC firm has had its VS for the 2022 batch so far. That rarely offers 5 TCs all over India, let alone to one NLU.
Nls does not even have 4 vac schemes for 2022 batch let alone TC. Plz dont lie.
Deutsche bank, Mckinsey have stopped hiring from NLS, in fact because of the strong presence of GLC alumni in DB, DB hires from GLC.

Moreover the legal positions in these firms are not as prestigious and most the firms have ceased to hire freshers directly. They hire from LPOs like integreon and pangea3 instead.

Even the big 4 have reduced their fresher count.
They aren't talking about McKinsey hiring people in legal positions. They used to hire as analyst / associates.
No. I know someone who has done their LLB from NUJS and then an MBA from Cornell, who got hired by McKinsey recently.
No more. In addition, the ones who did had horror stories to tell. They are not even treated the same as management people. McKinsey is a very overrated place for lawyers.
What are you saying lol. They act professionally and oh please there are testimonials of nls students getting treated well. Check articles. Stop giving misinformation
Lol, official testimonies are not things to be believed. IYKYK. I do, because I know people who have worked there.
If I’m in charge of a multi billion dollar publicly traded company and if the board has determined my bonus payout based on increasing group revenue and for undertaking massive cost cuts, I’d hire McKinsey right away, for a not so sizeable fee compared to the size of the savings pool, they would have the workforce right sized in a few weeks through a restructuring plan, take the blame for the job cuts, bring in their tech implementation teams and PMs to get the existing vendors to run some automation of processes in place of the rightsizing, AND would give me a strategic direction recommendation based on what they’ve seen in other similar companies they’ve worked for around the world, and finally the team will leave quietly. This happens within 8-12 weeks because the Partner, Engagement Manager and Associates will put in 20 hour days to achieve all this. I will then go to the board after 6 months, show them the cost cuts due to workforce reductions, repackage the their recommendations to increasing revenue of the company. The board is happy, and gives me a multi million $ payout. I leave the company shortly after getting my bonus. This is typical of McKinsey.