Read 26 comments as:
Filter By
I went to a mid/low ranked NLU, spent a year, took the exam and at a top tier place now. 0 perception issues.
Studied and taught at a top NLU. Please drop. And drop again if need be (if it is economically an option), till you get into the top 5-6 (roughly NLSIU, NALSAR, NUJS, NLUJ, NLUD and maybe even NLIU and GNLU). The life chances you get graduating from these are incomparable with other public institutions.

PS: not comparing with DU, GLC while making this statement.
Dear LI,

Can you agree with this philosophy? You do realise that getting into these colleges is difficult, and that clat is a messed-up game of chance. Tier 2 NLU students have experienced mental health problems as a result of this. Students have feelings of inferiority and experience tremendous repentance for the rest of their lives.

I am an NLUO student who dropped out of NLIUB in the hopes of getting into the top three in the next try, but CLAT happened. I was depressed for a long time before realising that I had all I needed here and would most likely be offered a PPO next year.

I see miserable freshers every year feeling under appreciated about their abilities. LegallyIndia has a huge role to play here when they let a comment which says, β€œPlease drop. And drop again if need be (if it is economically an option), till you get into the top 5-6 (roughly NLSIU, NALSAR, NUJS, NLUJ, NLUD and maybe even NLIU and GNLU). The life chances you get graduating from these are incomparable with other public institutions.” let exist without flagging it.

You’re the medium of the creation of a wrong perception which has ruined multiple lives.

To everyone reading this, life doesn’t end at CLAT. It’s just the start.
You know right GNLU is better than NLUJ. What do you mean by even GNLU? NLUJ has horrible mooting record, no Rhodes scholars and infact places less students than GNLU. Wtf are you on bro?
No one looks down. In fact, if you're a guy you have a slight edge in dating girls, as girls usually go for older guys.
choosing college based on dating girls? definitely the desperate guy who never gets a gf.
Nope. I'm currently in what is considered as "one of the best national law schools" and also dropped twice to get admitted into it. No one is concerned with an individual's drop years after you enter into university. Though there are comparatively very less students who have dropped twice to those who have dropped only once yet there is no sort of discriminatory behavior.
At least 25% of my batch has dropped a year, including me. No perception issues, write clat again
No one cares, most batches have a fair number of people who dropped a year
Dude not at all . Not only at LI - in general people advocate taking the idea of dropping even two three years (let alone a year) . Do it with backups , that is the point. Not a single one of them has any perception issue.
In my batch at a top NLU, 80% of people had taken a drop. I was not one of them but it was an issue then (talking in 2011) . Doubt it will be an issue now
Not at all an issue - I can tell you. Even in B-Tier NLUs people take drops
In my batch at a top NLU, 80% of people had taken a drop. I was not one of them but it was not an issue then (talking in 2011) . Doubt it will be an issue now