Read 34 comments as:
Filter By
Hi Kian. Just one request please remove the BETA thing in green from "Start New Conversation" tab. It sounds creepy and whenever i see it reminds me of a Senior Partner of a firm who used to mentor me as a "Beta, Beta" in my AO years and was more like a fatherly figure to me. However all this was short lived when It came as a rude shock that after two years he threw me under the bus(not really) for his mistake. Since then whenever i see/hear BETA it gives me the creeps. I bet others will agree too. I hope thats not too much of an ask.

At the cost of sounding utterly foolish, the one thing which i have learnt in this pandemic is one should not shy away from talking about his mental health which has got a lot worse during these tumultuous times.

As the saying goes "Sometimes the person you'd take a bullet for is standing behind the trigger"..
Thanks for sharing, that's been done :) And you're right on all counts, we're glad you raised it, there's no foolish when it comes to mental health and happiness.

Also, it was high time anyway that we removed the BETA tag from the button: we feel the section has really taken on a life of its own and a lot of the topics started and conversations had are enlightening, enriching and sometimes also hilarious and ridiculous. Thanks to everyone who has been part of the beta and has made it fun and surprising.

On that note, if anyone has any other thoughts or suggestions about the conversation function or format, please share suggestions below and we will try to implement.

We are aware that some of the conversations functionality may still be a little rough but would be keen to improve usability or add features that readers request.
Having an option to arrange the comments by "newest first" right at the top of the comments, rather than only at the bottom, would be helpful. Otherwise one has to scroll through a lot of comments.

Also, personally I would like anything non-legal world related to be filtered out. For example, posts like 'is covid 19 a lab made virus', 'who will be next PM', etc.
+1 for "newest first"

For non-legal topics, current affairs can be included. Nothing wrong with discussing politics.
Thanks for your feedback, the first of these should now be implemented and functioning, hope it works as intended and will save your scrolling fingers ๐Ÿ‘†๐Ÿ‘†๐Ÿ‘†
Regarding your second point, we are considering adding a feature to filter, tag and follow posts by the type of post and subject area, etc if there is any demand. Please upvote this comment if you'd like to see us consider implementing something along those lines (although it is a bigger feature and might take a bit longer).
Yes! I was about to write this.

The section looks like a noobie's email account. Please have labels for all conversations and have them tagged under a greater set which will enable people to filter through what they want easily. Moderation redirecting to a similar post will also be helpful.

Best
We are considering moving the 'Like' and 'Object' button to a new location, since we have had reports of people clicking on the wrong one by accident sometimes (so it definitely happens, such as potentially here also: https://www.legallyindia.com/lawfirms/rip-sundeep-dudeja-widely-loved-respected-l-l-partner-succumbs-to-battle-with-covid-20210506-12074#comment-167918 )

If you have any feedback or suggestion about where the buttons might be better placed, please let us know in this thread.

There is also the option of disabling the "Object" button completely and just having a single button. If this is something that you think is a good idea, please do let us know.
Object button should be retained so that bulls*** can be called out with minimal effort. It should be place at a different spot from the like button so as to avoid fan fingers accidentally pressing object. Maybe like on the left and object on the right, at the top of the comment.
Kian, why not just shift to an old-school message board format? We can then discuss law, politics, law school gossip, movies, music, gaming, etc. Even a section where students can waive anonymity and meet/hook up.
Please enable emojis, especially thumbs up, laugh-cry, raise hands, vomit, namaste and clap.
๐Ÿ‘, ๐Ÿ˜‚, ๐Ÿ™Œ, ๐Ÿคฎ, ๐Ÿ™, ๐Ÿ‘,๐Ÿ™ƒ
All emojis actually work in comments, as of a few months ago, but you'd need to either use your phone keyboard or your Windows/Mac insert emoji-type tools to do so. Would people prefer a button in the chatbox itself that allows selecting emojis (similar to Telegram/WhatsApp, etc)?
Please fix your reply button. People end up โ€œreplyingโ€ to the thread above instead of the actual comment due to way the reply thread is placed. Or maybe itโ€™s some technical glitch. Please look into it.
Thanks for your feedback. We've moved the Reply button to the left now and hopefully it is more prominently and obviously associated to each comment. If you think it is still somewhat unclear, or comments could do with stronger visual demarcation between them, please let us know and we will look into it.
A 42-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
Hi,

The new format/update of conversations seems nice but now we canโ€™t access conversations in dark mode, I mean itโ€™s not visible, please look into it.

Dark mode LI >>>>

To be more accurate the text is very light and difficult to read
Thanks so much for letting us know, that should now be working in dark mode also hoefully! ๐ŸŒ•๐Ÿ‘€
There is some issue with the loke/heart button. When I click on heart, count for heart break increases. This is breaking my heart.
I hate the new format. The cream colour is fugly. Please return to old.
Thanks for your feedback. We've changed the cream colour to blue but may keep tweaking, depending on feedback. ๐ŸŽจ Change is always hard, so please like this comment if you like/don't mind this new colour and layout (and provide feedback and/or suggestions if you don't).
Kian, I don't like the new heart symbol to indicate likes, and the new broken heart symbol to indicate dislikes. I am not sure of the reason - My immediate reactions were disappointment, anger, disgust etc.

LI is where champions battle out, and not a place for snowflakes to press cute heart symbols.
Ignoring the irony that it seems a bit 'snowflakey' to feel anger, disgust and disappointment about a bunch of icons, we would tend to agree that the broken heart is not hitting quite the right note. ๐Ÿ™ƒ On the other hand, the like heart is quite pretty and might subconsciously impart a bit more civility and niceness into the convos, champions battling notwithstanding, so that could be a benefit.

End of the day, we needed to pick some iconography since the texts 'like' and 'object' made the page inordinately busy. If you have any suggestions for good icons, please let us know.

Here are some possible directions like could take: โญ - quite nice but also denotes 'favouriting' something so maybe confusing
๐Ÿ‘ - very easy to understand but very Facebooky and boring
๐Ÿ˜Ž - could be fun but maybe confusing?

Regarding dislike, any thoughts on the following potentially, using a gavel to indicate objections?

What are the Rules of Engagement for this 'Battle of Champions'? Because I often feel like punching some of the trolls here, more so when they interrupt actual constructive discussions.
That's indeed a very good question. We may start a new thread in some time to clearly state the rules of engagement and etiquette of battle, so we can evolve or maybe even come to a consensus (hah!) on what the community would like moderation to look like going forward.

I agree that trolls can derail discussions pointlessly, though sometimes they can also be amusing or lead to enlightening discussions (usually unintentionally). Our pro-active flagging such trollish content and making it less visible might discourage such derailing, without requiring a response from non-troll readers.

To get an idea of what readers / commenters would prefer, a quick straw poll:

1. Please like this comment if you feel that moderation of trolls is currently mostly acceptable / on the right path.
2. Please dislike this comment if you would like to see much more aggressive moderation / more hiding and demotion of trollish content.

If you have any other thoughts on moderation, please do respond to this comment.
We are trying out a gavel icon for 'dislike' for a while, please let us know if you like it, have any suggestions, etc.
Hi Kian,

One of your very regular readers this side. I do not think gravel is a great choice for the dislike button. The image of a gravel doesn't convey the same sentiment as a dislike button is expected to convey. For instance, a new reader may mistake the gravel sign for 'emphasis'.