Read 38 comments as:
Filter By
Lol...no ...now he welcomes foreign law firms to practice in SEBI related matters in India.
A 44-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 109-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
Watchell has all of one office and I doubt their second would be in Noida/Lower Parel for 'a year' to liase with Cyril bhai or Adani. I get it, Cyril sucks and dissing on him is cathartic but kuch toh soch lar likha karo.
A 138-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
Oh,the delicious irony.A man that lobbies against allowing foreign firms in India for years now weeps because he's out there hiring a much needed foreign law firm in the Adani scandal
Cyril Shroff will lobby to allow foreign law firms on trial basis for one year.Thsts because it will be easier for him to tgen coordinate with Watchell.Once the Adani scandal dies down, he will want the foreign law firm to go back.
Don't allow the foreign firms in coz they will eat up the smaller firms.Solution - Allow me and only me to be the shark here to eat up the smaller firms, and then let my firm rule the legal industry while continuing to treat lawyers at my firm with no respect.
That's one ugly photo and ad of Pierce Brisbane.And that is also the real state of the legal industry because we allow a bunch of lalajis to control the legal sector.
"Pehchan Kamyabi Ki" sounds like a perfect motto for CAM. I can literally picture that being displayed on a board outside the CAM office, alongside chillies and lemons to ward off bad luck and a swastika.
A 46-word comment posted 3 years ago was not published.
It is high time that we stop few family owned firms to run (down) the legal industry.Far too much control vested and being misused and the futures of employees ruined.The legal industry ought not to be run in this manner.
But the international companies, investment find etc will likely go with foreign law firms,you think any of them going to stick with the lala shops?
Adani and Ambani would be so amused by the comments of common citizens who have no access to the corridors of power in Lutyens, Delhi and vastly overestimate their influence especially now when the country is led by an all powerful man.
Ambani and Adani run this country, so only those economic reforms that suit them will be passed.
Is there anything that can be done or any petitions that can be filed to amend the advocates act and allow foreign presence in the Indian Legal Industry?
First remove the jokers RS Prasad and Manan Mishra if you want to see liberalisation .
Cyril will always oppose competition of all sorts.Hes not going to be able to compete with foreign law firms at all when he's having a hard time in competing with a firm like AZB.
If foreign law firms are allowed,it will end the slave work culture here.Lala shops will have to stop treating lawyers like labour.Achhe din kab ayenge?
The Ambanis, Adanis and other orthodox Gujju business families will stick with Cyril even after liberalisation, so Cyril should stop opposing.
Maybe he's afraid there won't be enough participation in the future sangeets.
Gujju bhai (s) is wary of his impending doom if biglaw and magic circle comes knocking.