Read 65 comments as:
Filter By
If you're thinking this way of India, I wonder what minorities in Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka would think
You have to use PPP conversion. Direct value based conversion is misleading.
Is law experience in India relevant if one wants to move abroad? Do they consider it? I am confused about whether to start the process now or after getting 2 years of experience.
US LLM would be between 40 and 50 lakhs. At least from the well-known universities. You can try for scholarships, since most of these universities also have standalone scholarships apart from the common ones like Fulbright. UK LLM costs around half in comparison.
A 43-word comment posted 3 years ago was not published.
For llb/JD?

Any other modes of entering the Australian legal market?
This has nothing to do with right or left or any other wing.

You are probably not aware that, during its initial days, it was the patronage of Ashok Ghelot (Congress) that got NLU Jodhpur off the ground.

That's some mental gymnastics.
The culture issue might be a big one. Japan can be quite insular that way unless you can successfully undergo cultural immersion.
University of Melbourne is a good option. So are ANU and Victoria. New Zealand also has got several good options now.
How about Asian countries like Japan? I want to Pursue an LLM from Japan and want to try getting into a foreign law firm or MNC. I have 10+ years of experience but only conversational Japanese language skill.
Is Australia a good choice as well? I've heard that getting PR (permanent residency) there is easier. Can anyone explain the process and whether it is worth it compared to the US/Canada. Any Universities in particular to aim for?
Can any one give some insights about Indian lawyers having 7+ PQE making it to Australia/New Zealand/England.
Do skills in trial advocacy translate well if one is looking at a career in the US? Any States in particular that reward skills in trial?

I've got a decade of litigation experience and am considering a move. Have put off my LL.M. all these years.
It does. Otherwise the institutions would have had to recover that money too from the students' fees.
Spending on 'capital and non-recurring expenditures' does not make education subsidized!!!
How did the US come into the picture? OpportunityCost was speaking of Canada alone
uLaw is a good SQE provider, and they have good contacts for jobs as well.
Kian,if yes, count us in for the plan.And if not,then why are you not making such a plan.Start asap.:-):-):-)
Are there significant benefits attached to pursuing a JD still, in that case?
Kian, are you working on some secret plan to emigrate lawyers out of the country? Too much coverage to this thread!

Thank you for the clarification moderator. I did not mean to ruffle any feathers. I was merely going by globally accepted HDIs. Apologies if it came across as disparaging.
What is the scope of practicing in Canada after pursuing a LLM there?
...if you can manage oxygen cylinders and hospital beds here and have couple of doctors in family then India is the best country to live in!
Hi, can you provide a link to the loan options for International Students which you just mentioned? Thank you! Also, great answer :)
I wrote the above post: gave my opinion respectfully, provided some facts from my engagement with the system in question, and offered to help further if needed.

Why was I downvoted?
How was it subsidized? Why should anyone from the minority communities remain (of given an option)? Infact, why should anyone not fitting the 'good Hindu' vision of thugs ruling is remain?
Don’t go. Please stay here and add value. The country has invested a lot in your heavily subsidised, world class education. Please pay it forward.
NCA lawyers are universally looked down upon. Ready to work for a small time criminal law or family law practice? Go ahead. Want to work on BayStreet in BigLaw? Pursue a JD.
Hey, was just wondering about the avenues that are available to Indian lawyers to move out of the country after graduation. I'm aware of the Magic Circle route, but could someone please throw some light on the other routes?