Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
I don’t understand why lawyers keep saying that the TV show Suits is nothing like real life. Obviously it’s a fictional story, but there are certain aspects about Suits which make corporate jobs look fascinating.

The fancy offices in Suits overlooking a great view is exactly like SAM’s office in Nariman Point overlooking Marine Drive. As you walk into the office, the sea slowly comes into view behind the receptionist’s desk, and the view is absolutely breathtaking.

The fancy parties that Harvey attends in Suits, that’s exactly like the fancy parties hosted by Trilegal. They serve red wine, white wine, an assortment of hors d'oeuvres, champagne in tall glasses - and this is just their in-office parties.

Just like in Suits, you get to work on the most exciting deals in the country, while having some of the top businessmen as your clients.

But again, everyone understands some parts are fictional. In Season 2 of Suits, two senior partners fight it out to become the Managing Partner and almost put their entire law firm at risk... obviously such dramatic things don’t happen in real life... oh wait!
I agree. I relate with suits a lot. But let's not forget, life and experience that you described is top one percent of top one percent. Not sure the rest can match up - probably why seniors back in college were like - Suits is nothing like real life.

Sure, the dialogue delivery and negotiations, not in real life but close enough on issues list.
Couldn't find the part where you talked about Mike summarising documents reviewed as part of the real estate chapter of the diligence report. Or Harvey correcting typos and making language changes in the diligence report.

Also, would like to know as to in which Indian law firms do Associates get down and dirty in the mailroom/library with Paralegals, like Mike and Rachel.
Neither does any lawyer hire someone after they have walked into their office with a bag of weed. Some parts are fictional.

I don’t think people love Suits because Mike hooks up with Rachel in the library. People love Suits for the glitz and glamour (which surprise surprise does happen in a Tier 1 law firm), and some of the amazing life lessons it has for viewers.

Obviously, you don’t get paid to enjoy life in a law firm. The work part does include going through hundreds of documents and can be extremely clerical. But apart from that, it’s not too bad no?
That show is anything but real and those who can relate to it are doing nothing but living in their own fantasy world. Watch Better Call Saul instead of watching this overhyped waste of a time show.
Your logic: the firm in Suits has a building- law firms in India have buildings as well; the characters in Suits visit the loo (presumably, off the screen), the folks in SAM/ CAM/ AZB, etc. visit the loo as well
You have not seen the life of engineers and tech guys. The rule the roost. They work in the best of the offices and the locations. Marine drive is just another office; may be a legal guy would yearn to work in such a location. But, please no comparison with the tech guys. We are no match and can never make fortunes like they do.