Read 34 comments as:
Filter By
Of course ask for work, that would be appreciated. But approach the Associates/ SAs when they're free. Please don't start shooting emails to Partners and clog their inbox. This of course is from a tier 1 perspective (with bigger teams/ hierarchy).
Sorry boss. Which firm β€œkicks out” interns for asking for work, basically extending a hand?

My firm doesn’t. Also, β€œguy”, hmm. You never know who is on the other side, do you? #notaguy
I can only give an answer to the first question:

Yes, I sent PFAs whenever the situation demanded. Got a PPO too.
Two questions:

1. Did you get a PPO while writing PFA?
2. Have you given a PPO to some intern who writes PFA?
Avoid PFA. Keep Please find attached Cl+Cd if you are lazy. And if you are lazy, avoid a law firm.

Id like an intern who sends me the notification and also briefly summarises it in the mail. Try and show you can be more than a secretary
Additionally, if you from Top 5 NLUs, then that would be definitely a bonus.
Yes, true. However, PFA is okay in some situations. But okay don’t take that risk as an intern.
Haha, that’s the difference between a thinking like a trainee v associate.

Which associate can β€œPFA” their work to their Boss? Let alone clients!!
Well, maybe. I personally wouldn’t mind a PFA if the attached work is fine.
PFA just seems very callous. Why not have two-three nice drafts ready for different occasions and copy paste those everytime you are sending an email. I have found that is actually approved by the recipients.
How does one PFA the random notification under Andhra Pradesh Profesional Tax Act that you wanted and sound interesting?
Would the benefits of interning twice dissipate if I am to work with a different team during my second internship? Asking because I prefer other practice areas more.
1. Communicate with your seniors and try and be friendly.
2. Do neat work and show that you are willing to go out of the way to get a job and more importantly your willingness to learn.
3. Keep pestering the HR.
My situation is very similar to that of the OP. At the end of Year III right now. Any advice will be appreciated.