Read 39 comments as:
Filter By
Starting salary is around 1.14 pm (post tax as well as post NPS deduction). To this, add around 32k allowances post SNJPC.

So, the starting in-hand is around 1.47 per month.
if only one could see into the future...

it is worth it, if you clear it. otherwise not.
1.23 lpm in hand + bahut sare incentive/perks/allowances + judicial power + prestige + rutwa + falna dhimaka milnge too kisko boring lage ga ye job. Yet for those it is boring than bhaiya/didi go before Adani or Ambani qki unhi ke pass tmhre farmais ki job hai
Are there corruption oppurtunities, because pay is minuscucle, will keep only 15lakhs/month for myself, rest will donate to PMCares
bump, should I drop a year for this? is it worth it? i am getting a job as a research assistant. should i take it or prepare for this?
Is there anyone who went from being a Judicial Services Officer to a lawyer at a Foreign law firm?
"you can join the litigation department of a firm, or join the chambers of an A-list counsel"

Aren't there other relatively easier paths? Except for the white case, I don't find DJS worth of a stepping stone (keeping restricted to your options)
DJS is an elite and superior service in Govt. like any IAS/PCS job.
Mere hisaab se - Haan satisfying hai zaroor. You will have decent pay in a stable career, the chance to live in Delhi, the opportunity to help litigants who approach your court, the respect of society. That's satisfaction worthy in my books.
Don’t want to work in Law Firm, while I am fine with less pay is it equivalent in terms of other group A civil services, for example IRS etc, if not IAS and IPS?
Just curious to know if a study leave is easily granted after joining the services to pursue an LLM abroad? I have heard otherwise, actually
Going for DJS and LLM is completely unnecessary in this trajectory. Not to mention it doesn't answer OP's question.
also concerned about the career progression and how interesting the work is - bump pls thanks
Can anyone in DJS explain more?

Especially content that's not available on the internet.
Can any insider give more insight on things like career progression and quality of life, since there is not much public visibility of Judicial Officers?
I was actually worried about work life balance in corporate law firms, while I can slog a lot, I do not want to spend all my youth simply slogging away, is Judiciary a better go to solution?
Many of the lower judiciary officers resign and get higher position in law firms. If you have talent and want to get to judiciary, better practise as advocate and try to enter the higher judiciary at a later stage.
it's very boring and unbearable until you develop a knack who the hell care then it's good to go.
How has it been working as a Judicial Officer, specifically at DJS, has it been an enriching and satisfying experience or more of a run of the mill job?