Read 35 comments as:
Filter By
Don't believe that it was fully aborted, some employees were called to office.
Last year, JSA slashed interns' stipend from 7.2k to 6k once wfh started. I'm sure the firm was able to bring down its costs drastically by introducing this measure.
And how great is our Covid Policy? If you are down with Covid which you obviously contracted while coming/going from office, we will deduct your absence from your yearly leaves which we hand out to you as a favor. You got Covid, oh it's your issue. Not the firm's.
I have mixed feelings about comment 6. It sounds cruel and insensitive, but also shows the desperation of young lawyers to escape the cruelty and exploitation of law firms. So much that they would prefer there to be a national disaster than go back to a life of slavery.
Which is understandable, as we are subjected to it quite frequently by our bosses.
Yup, perhaps. Most lawyers here aren't exactly fans of dark humor it seems.
It was clearly a comment that was a complete hypothetical and ironic to make a statement, rather than expressing an actual literal wish, though perhaps one in bad taste...
Instead of giving curse to the society why don't you just out in some real efforts to get a full time WFH job? Too much effort huh? Or is it too easy to make bullshit prayers for the sake of your own comfort?
For those of us in Tier-1 firms are still lucky to be in WFH. Unfortunately our friends working in those offices which are not even ranked as tier-3 firm, people are being called back as if no pandemic is going on in the country.
Agreed. After this firm had called back it's people I was scared it might influence my firm also.
I can understand where that would come from, but for you to air such a vile thought, you could have applied your mind and used a filter.
A small part of me is hoping and praying for a vaccine-resistant strain to emerge.
Then just resign from such blood sucking firms and join a better place which doesn't see you as a mere money-making resource but also values your life.
Name them. JSA called back everyone in 2020 itself and caused a string of infections. Second waves are caused by bad decisions like this. What other firm? Name and shame covidiots
Law firms don't care if you get Covid and die, so they may call people back to work.
In your dreams, vaccination will be completed by July/August. There is such a shortage of vaccines. The only hope for WFH to end is in the 2022 (likely in the second half). Our population is 138 crore.
There is no way that vaccinations would be complete in mere 4 months given the supply/demand mismatch and the sheer number of people involved. In a country of over 100 crores population, not even a crore people have been vaccinated yet in the past 3 months.