Read 45 comments as:
Filter By
A 65-word comment posted 3 years ago was not published.
Always heard that KCO and JSA have relatively better work culture. Also, is it true that Delhi has a better work culture than Mumbai at most of the law firms?
Where did you join? Which firm and which team? Please illuminate the path for people who want to follow in your footsteps in a year or so.
The only solution is to allow entry of foreign law firms in India. They have good work, much better work culture and decent hours. They will force a market correction and make these Indian law firm fix their toxic work culture if they want to retain top talent.
I was on this call too, and after two-three people raised the issue, I love how that was the one response he had. I left the call right after because it was clear how pointless it was.
Saturdays are usually fully working. 10-12 hours. Sundays you may get off if you are lucky. Don't count on getting more than 2 Sundays fully off in tier one firms. Anything more would be a bonus.
Is the condition so gruesome at Big 7 that weekends are non- existent? I understand that there shall always be work on Saturday for 5-6 hours, but to say that weekends are non-existent makes it sound that corporate lawyers don't have anytime for themselves.
Bullying is not only limited to mid level, but the toxicity is much higher at partners level. Partners not giving a flying fuck for associates life and space is a firm wide practice. I don't know what pleasures do they get from such behaviour
A 15-word comment posted 3 years ago was not published.
A 20-word comment posted 3 years ago was not published.
A 47-word comment posted 3 years ago was not published.
Also, no one left kco last year due to covid uncertainty. Therefore it appears that suddenly everyone is rushing out

Usual annual churn. Musical chairs
Maybe you should stop spreading rubbish about the office and the "toxic" work culture. It is absolutely fine and I graduated from a tier 1 NLU last year. No one has put a gun to your head.
The partners and management remain silent coz it's beneficial for them. They got their SA/PA to do the dirty work!

Do you think anyone cares about exits. They will get replacements easily

Look at the over talented people who have been promoted this year
Not really. Work pressure is perhaps inevitable. The way the Indian law firms subject their associates to abuse really isn't necessary to get the same work done in the same time. That's what representative bodies exist to counter.
More often than not, the age difference between junior and senior in tier 1 is just 2 or 3 years but the relationship between a junior and senior is akin to that of a 65 year old CEO and 20 year old intern.