Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
As India descends into another lockdown due to the rising covid cases, things look very gloomy. So we wanted to share some positive news with the LI family.

Over a month ago, we had posted on this platform, wanting to create a semi-formal network of lawyers who would mentor students and help them take better career choices during this difficult time. Lot of you expressed your support for this initiative.

Today, we are happy to announce that we are up and running. We have successfully paired students with their mentors and received good feedback from both sides. This is a free mentoring initiative and we want to help out as many students as possible. We are trying to do something good and we need your support - by getting more mentors onboard.

As a mentor, you need to commit only 30-40 mins in a week for your mentee and just guide them a bit. Us lawyers can’t go out there and save lives like doctors, but 30 mins of your time will be immensely valuable to a junior. If you wish to apply as a mentor, or see who our mentors are or who we are, please go through our website: https://lawfirmready.wixsite.com/lawfirmmentoring

If you have any questions about the process, you can contact us at lawfirmready@gmail.com

Original post: https://www.legallyindia.com/convos/topic/160768-Mentors-needed#comments

[LI Moderation: Title of post edited and reinstated to the spirit of the initial version]
Congratulations from LI, great to see that it's taking off, it looks like a great idea!
Hi, I’ve been following your initiative from the first day, you’ve always asked for mentors but have never arranged for any mentees. Even then I was replied with β€œwe have no space for new mentees” and it’s the same today.

I am sorry and I might be wrong but this just seems like a bunch of law students who wanted mentors and now they have it under the garb of an organisation wherein β€œthey help others get mentors and are contributing in a social cause”.
Hi future mentee.

Thanks for your concern. We pair mentees with mentors for a period of one month. We started only a month back and we approached certain students via LinkedIn to be mentees...this was our testing phase to figure out any gaps/ hurdles in the process of pairing. We realise that our mentors time is precious and we don’t want to waste it due to logistical hurdles.

We will be publicly opening applications for mentees to everyone from next month. Hope this helps. For further updates, you can follow us on LinkedIn at Law Firm Ready.
It is accounts like this that make me naturally wary of social causes run by unnamed, and therefore unaccountable, people.
Unnamed people? Dude check their website. All the details are there.