Read 49 comments as:
Filter By
Here is the ranking of all 23 NLUs according to official student preference. Which NLUs can one overlook on favour of JGLS, if fees is not an issue? Popular advice says anything below #7 (GNLU), but CLAT coaches are not clear about this. We have recently seen MNLU and NLUO do well, while NLUJ, NLUB and NUJS have declined. What does everyone think?

1. NLSIU
2. NLUD
3. Nalsar
4. NUJS
5. NLU Jodhpur
6. NLIU Bhopal
7 .GNLU
8. HNLU
9. MNLU Mumbai
10. RMLNLU Lucknow
11. NLU Odisha
12. RGNUL Patiala
13. Nuals Kochi
14. CNLU Patna
15. NUSRL Ranchi
16. MNLU Nagpur
17. DSNLU Visakhapatnam
18. NLUJA Assam
19.TNNLU Tiruchirappalli
20. HPNLU Shimla
21. MNLU Aurangabad
22. Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur (MP)
23. NLU Sonepat
Everyone thinks that you have got way too much spare time in your hands. You should try to do something constructive with it. Maybe help in a DueD.
All of them rank above JGLS and all of them rank below JGLS.
Confused?
JGLS has its own strengths vis a vis NLUs. I will not talk about stuff like research output where even though JGLS has an advantage over others, it is only meant to bolster rankings and really doesn't impact your experience at campus. The things that in my opinion you should take into consideration are
1) Alumni Network
2) Faculty
3) Career Options/Placement
4) Infrastructure (agreed not a major point but then again we keep on reading about how at some of the newer NLUs students have to protest to get access to basic facilities despite paying a considerable fee. Yes, I know everything is a pittance compared to what JGLS charges but 2-3 lakh per annum at NLUs is not peanuts either.)

1) Alumni Network - NLS, NALSAR, NUJS, NLIU, NLUJ have alumni at all levels. The same can also be said of the Faculty of law at DU, GLC Mumbai, ILS Pune and Symbiosis Pune. JGLS as of now doesn't enjoy that level of support at the decision-making level. No one can deny the role alumnus play in placements and JGLS is at a backfoot here. The larger batch sort of guarantees that not everyone will get placed, due to the size of the job market itself but then again, you can see that now you will be unable to find any area of law where you will not find JGLS alumnus. In the coming years, when this alumnus reaches the decision-making level, the ripple effect will kick in. However, there is one thing that I have observed, the alumni network is much stronger in NLUs than at JGLS, this is some cultural phenomenon perhaps due to small sizes or something else, I don't know for sure, but this is something I have observed.

2) Faculty - JGLS has some star faculty but don't go by credentials alone. Foreign LLM doesn't equate to good teaching. In fact, some of the best academicians are terrible teachers, experienced this first hand. You do also have access to real legends, while LI only covered recently about hiring Chimni, Baxi, and others, we also have Stephen Marks (Distinguished Prof at Harvard) teaching Human Rights, Gudmundur Eiriksson teaching law of seas ( International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea) and they are not guest lecturers who come and go, they live on JGU campus and are accessible to students even beyond class hours. I have had evening walks with Eiriksson around the campus perimeter, where else you will find such opportunities?
However, JGLS still enjoys some considerable advantages over others.
The large batch sizes and high fee leads to a very large faculty pool. This in turn leads to a large no of electives being offered. Electives are usually offered by faculty in their area of expertise. It's not unusual to get to choose electives out of 100+ electives.
At JGLS, you can really choose what you want to do and build expertise in it even before you have entered the real world.

3) Career - I have already talked about this before in Alumni Network. Don't be a downer when it comes to placements, there are certain areas where JGLS is doing as good as others, if not better. We have institutional relationships with foreign law firms, and despite being new to the scene JGLS Alumnus are working at several prominent international law firms including White & Case, HSF, Al Tamimi, DLA Piper etc.
Academia is another area where JGLS alumnus doesn't face any setback, folks have made it to Harvard, Cambridge, Oxford, Stanford, NYU etc. Students have been able to get scholarships such as Chevening, Commonwealth, Human Rights Fellowship at Columbia etc. At one point on campus, there were 6 Rhoades scholars (no idea whats the headcount now), all of them being very approachable, so if you are looking for guidance, you don't need to look too far.
Entrepreneurship - Sachin Malhan, Ankur Singhla, Ritvik Lucose, Aruj Garg, and Shivam Singla from NLS, Tanuj Kalia, Ramanuj Mukherjee and Abhyuday from NUJS, Jaideep Singh from NALSAR all made their cut, but beyond these, I haven't heard much of lawyers doing entrepreneurship. These institutions are way older than JGLS. At JGLS, despite the fact we just started in 2009, we have Arman Sood, Ashwajeet Singh, Paras Chopra, Yashwardhan Aggarwal and Mohit Yadav doing their own thing.

4) Infrastructure - It will be hard to keep up with the infrastructure available at JGLS for other law schools, and yes, it is obvious it is because of the premium we pay in fees, but heck if it is not an advantage. If you have to spend 5 years of law school seriously, while not necessary but it helps if the ac works and the chair is plush enough to sink into.
JGLS has an excellent library and an amazing ecosystem for sports. The best is the policies around extracurricular. JGLS is expensive but if you make into anything worthwhile say an international moot, administration covers all your cost, your airline tickets, hotel stay, and even a stipend for other ancillary expenses. Once you are in, you need not worry about other expenses. This applies to not just moots but you can get the budget approved for almost anything and they are more than happy to approve it as long as you are doing something constructive.

So, overall, JGLS has its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Instead of going by some useless ranking you should decide what parameters are important to you and should ask folks here to comment how their law school fare on those parameters. While JGLS may be a great choice for some, it may be useless for others.

For example, one of my friend is a 4th gen lawyer, his dad is a senior advocate. He did his law from DU because that is where his dad and his granddad went. Also, he worked with his dad and other lawyers all three years of law school, and this is not something he could have done, had he attended JGLS or NLUD so for him the best choice was DU and even NLS wouldn't have made sense for him.

Coming to you, to reiterate, figure out what is you want to do, then figure out what factors at a particular law school can help you achieve that, and then try to gauge a law school on those parameters.
On another note though, people have become law firm partners despite attending no-name law schools, so long you are perseverant, you will make it, and your thought process will change a lot over the years, so don't fret too much, give in your best, and take up whatever you get. You are master of your own destiny and law school has a very limited role to play in it.
A very one-sided view, unfortunately. As usual, the weak stats has been papered over. "Not being able to place all its students" and "being able to place only 5% of its students" are not at all the same thing. "JGLS alumni can be found in every sector" - so can people from DU, GLC, Symbi etc. Regarding faculty, some points have been acknowledged. What hasn't been mentioned is that given the huge batch size, a lot of students won't even get the chance to learn from the marquee faculty. A lot of teaching responsibilities are entrusted to greenhorn LLMs with zero prior teaching experience. There are certainly good teachers, no doubt about that. As for the entrepreneur list, you not having heard of others doesn't really mean anything. For example, the founder of Bar & Bench is an NLSIU alum. The founder of SAMA, doing amazing work for mediation and virtual ADR in the country over the last 2 years, is an NUJS alum. You clearly don't know about them. Just like a lot of people won't know the JGLS entrepreneur names you mentioned.
JGLS' clear advantages: Infra, funding, highly proactive admin (this leads to marquee recruitment), flexibility from norms owing to private nature.
JGLS' clear weaknesses: Huge, huge batch size, obscene fees, both leading to negation of the earlier advantages to a considerable extent for individual students as well as causing entry barrier to meritorious students. It also requires them to hire a lot of faculty without any quality control other than a foreign LLM (not that NLUs do a lot of quality control during recruitment). This also ensures that their placement scene would never be as good as the top NLUs. The really good faculty at JGLS have also often complained about student quality time and again. While some good students are definitely there, for the most part, the hunger is missing, maybe because of the backgrounds that they are from, maybe because of some other factor.

As for the NLUs, it would be a very long comment if one starts on them. The main advantages that the top NLUs have are the quality students that they still get, an established and relatively helpful alumni network, perception that comes out of having been around for longer, some very good faculty (who end up teaching almost all students in that institution), relatively lower cost (bank loans more available and viable). There are hundreds of weaknesses and the last 10-12 of the 23 named are hardly worth being called more than small standalone colleges with almost nothing in their favour other than the dubious NLU tag.
Only if you have parent's cash to burn and without any discernible advantage to show for it.
After GNLU, choose JGLS. Don't listen to these CLAT coaches who just need to boost their NLU selection rates.
In my opinion, if you can afford it easily, choose it after GNLU. If you can't, then choose it after the mid tier NLUs like HNLU, RMLNLU, RGNUL and NLUO.

P.S - MNLU Mumbai was established in 2015 and has close to none so called advantages that were to come because of the locational advantage and a fee comparable to Symbi Pune, it may be called a Tier 3 NLU for now unless it has something remarkable to show us.
JGLS is the best if you have enough to fund yourself or you get a scholarship but not so good choice if you don’t. I am an NUJS alumni and am currently pursuing an LL.M. in Environmental Law, Energy & Climate Change (in collaboration with WWF-India) from JGLS so I assume I am in a position to answer your question. Before reading further please understand that this is from a biased perspective and I might have missed a lot of cons. I’ll mention pros and cons that have not been discussed earlier on the thread:-

1) JGLS’ international reputation: JGLS might have hacked their way into QS by hook or by crook. But QS remains to be the single-most relevant rankings any university or law firm would look at. Since they have recently entered the rankings, I expect seeing extremely positive results vis-a-vis international recruitments, international collaborations with other universities and getting international faculty on board.

2) Alumni: This is a big con as well as pro for them. We already have a settled alumni group who helps us a lot while JGLS’ alumni haven’t reached decision making process yet. Their first batch graduated in 2015 and so I don’t see them being in that position for at least 10-15 years. Although they graduate a batch equivalent to 6 NLUs every year so I am assuming they’ll catch up soon.

3) Other Schools: Okay so JGLS has ranked high in subject rankings but JGU as a university is also doing pretty well. Their business school, school of international affairs, school of global policy and school of liberal arts are also doing pretty great. These have been creating and are bound to create a united effect. Just like in IITs like IIT Delhi, IIT Mumbai and IIT Kanpur they are obviously top engineering institutes of India and when these institutes launched their management programmes, they were an instant hit and are now considered over most IIMs. This happened because recruiters who came to recruit their engineering batch was automatically transferred to the mba batch and it benefited from its success. Similarly JGU’s different schools compliment each other, there was this one placement in WTO in JGLS which was also reported by LI as well, it is said that they came to recruit from international affairs and eventually took one from law school as well. Although this only hearsay, and I can’t confirm the veracity of this claim.

4) Students- This is a pro and a con. The con is the batch size and “quality of students”. I am bit vary of the “quality of student” claim. As you can see here:- https://www.legallyindia.com/lawfirms/khaitan-to-digitally-onboard-all-49-freshers-as-promised-27-from-nujs-jgls-gnlu-nliu-nlu-j-20201007-11684, khaitan recruited from jgls more students than NLS, NALSAR and NLUD and CAM has been recruiting in double digits every year. These are firms that are extremely capitalist in nature and they won’t recruit associates who are of “poor quality”. Being in JGLS what i have learnt is that in a batch of 300 students atleast 100 are on a scholarship and you would easily find students who have given up on decent NLUs for Jindal. The top 100 usually get good placements. The other 200 don’t sit for placements. I know this sounds weird but you’ll find a massive number of students in Jindal who are not interested in placements from the first day. Most of them have family owned chambers or their own businesses and they are not interested in placements. A lot of students go for international LLMs and MBAs, this has helped them set their alumni base in international law firms too. Coming to my prior point of Jindal students hailing from extremely influential families is a huge up. I obviously can not name people out here, but just try and research where the kids of judges, attorney/solicitor/advocate generals, law firm owners and partners study. If this was in person, i would have named people but when in Jindal you’ll realise that every fourth kid is a starkid. You might have a dream law firm and you’ll realise that the ward of the owner of that specific law firm is your classmate. If you’re able to network in Jindal, you’re sorted. This is how quality of students is actually a “pro”.

5) Subjects and freedom- This might sound very bleak to you if you’re a law school aspirant but at least kids from other law schools would agree with me on this. You might choose law because you saw a post on LI about how much package an Amarchand would give to you but there’s a high probability that your choices would change eventually. As you can see I was interested in Environmental Law which is quite niche in India and Jindal was the only place where I can pursue this. We even get a lot of lectures from the one and only M.C Mehta who co-established jindal school of environment and sustainability (https://jgu.edu.in/jindal-school-of-environment-and-sustainability-partners-with-20-leading-international-and-indian-organisations/). For undergraduate students there’s just too many electives and too much freedom to choose from. And everyone’s doing their own thing. You can find jindal kids going for showbiz or current students inaugurating their own fashion startups (https://www.instagram.com/p/CMhUaAYDyFL/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link) or getting international patents in the field of technology (https://www.instagram.com/p/CGXcYmOAGtk/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link) or even being olympic trap shooter (yuvraj singh lamba https://jgu.edu.in/jgu-students-excel-in-various-sports-competitions/). Once you’re in JGU you’ll really enjoy the freedom to go for anything with law and outside the law.

6) Faculty- JGU has recently started lead and claim courses wherein you quite literally taught electives by doyens in the field of law and practicing partners in law firms. Leave that, even the “young faculty with llm degrees” who are criticised here at JGU are excellent. People think it’s really easy to get recruited by JGU by simply getting an LLM degree. We have a very strong feedback system and JGU is paying its professors 15-18 lpa at junior most level, they expect the professors to be really good. If a professor receives sub par reviews or feedbacks in the anonymous forum, the professor is removed. This makes sure that the best professors are teaching us. And I would, at multiple occasions choose these young professors over the older ones. I have studied under a certain doyen who was hired and was also reported by LI. Tbh i didn’t like the class, they have a brand but they are old now. Young professors since they recently graduated from a top NLU and international university or quit a tier 1 law firm, still have their ex colleagues out there and help us with internships and referrals. They understand our perspective unlike the older ones and give us relevant practical suggestions. And they are really good at teaching too. If you’re in JGU, you’d do anything to be taught by young law professors like professor John Sebastian, an NLU D alumnus (https://jgu.edu.in/jgls/faculty/john-sebastian/) someone who cracked the All India Civil Services Examination held in 2013 and was allotted the Indian Revenue Service (I.T.) but didn’t go ahead for the love of law or professor Sandeep Suresh, an NLU J alumnus (https://jgu.edu.in/jgls/faculty/sandeep-suresh/). Only if you’ll attend their classes, you’ll know what gems they are. We usually have two or three professors teaching us a single subject and now we also have TRIP fellows who accompany them and hence the quality of education is not compromised.
This is a PR troll. There's only one person from NUJS who's done that LLM and this person isn't the same. Again all the claims about 100 students getting good placements without any stats. Jiggles trolls always fail to answer the question why JGLS which is otherwise very aggressive in PR doesn't release the recruitment stats if it is so good! If anything, they never mention that JGLS has a CGPA cut off for sitting for placements to keep the number of aspirants limited. No NLU does such a ludicrous thing. The claim made by all the LLM freshers being excellent teachers is also patently false. Plenty of students have complained about some of those people. I had personally worked with 2 of them supposed to be teaching financial laws and their comprehension of the subjects was terrible. 1/3 of people on scholarships, lol!
What's this obsession with placement stats? NLS isn't releasing its placement stats for some time now too but obviously, you won't flex your muscles over there, despite it being a governmental institution where transparency should be much higher than in a private institution.
You won't find NLSIU trolls claiming everywhere that they have better recruitment than anyone else or making ridiculous claims about placing 100 stude in a batch. People actually know quite well what NLSIU recruitment scene is like. If someone claims that a new institution is matching or besting the recruitment prospects of established institutions, then they should either provide the stats to back such claims up or else stop peddling fake narratives. JGLS attracts most of the flak directed at it because people keep making ridiculous claims on its behalf without any shred of proof. A lot of people remember the stunt that they had tried to pull by posting how they are the number one law school in India in terms of recruitment 3 years back, and when called out, withdrew the piece, saying that they only meant among the private law schools. With such shocking display of mala fide in its history, all its claims deserve to be examined closely.
1) There’s three people who’ve done the LLM and while you very confidently ask others to produce stats, you make blatant accusations without any backing. Says a lot about your knowledge of law. https://completejusticepodcast.s3.ap-south-1.amazonaws.com/Placement+Report+2018.pdf (176 students placed in 2018)

2) The claims about 100 students getting placed were general observations available to public. I am not talking about pandemic years because no one has those stats. While you expect JGLS to put out stats, I am pretty sure whatever university you’re from hasn’t released them either. How about you become accountable and then seek accountability from others?

3) There is absolutely no GPA cut off at Jindal, please cite your source. Different firms have their own GPA cut offs but our recruitment cell doesn’t place one.

4) I love how you very conveniently paraphrased my statement and placed an “all” in there. Never did I say that all LLM freshers are excellent professors which is why I stated the fact that we have a feedback and review mechanism which makes sure that professors with poor academic and teaching skills don’t stay for long. My only point was that you blatantly assuming that all LLM freshers would not be good teachers is an assumption which again speaks a lot about the kind of legal education you’ve been subjected to.

Frame better arguments, stop using cheap tactics and fallacious arguments my guy.

5) UMM, given your style of framing arguments and making accusations, I am pretty sure you haven’t worked with any JGLS professor. If you have, please back it up.

I would have loved to have a discussion with someone who has “worked with 2 of my professors” but your style or argumentation and calling names like “pr troll” makes me believe that you might not even be from an NLU.
Dude, you are citing a placement report that includes litigation and joining family business as part of 'university placement'. I mean, talk about smokescreen! For someone who has gone to the trouble of preparing a 5-page long report, the person didn't do the simple stats of mentioning which place has recruited how many students. Sorry to say this, but this looks like a basic PR stunt. The NLU campus placement committees do a better job in terms of transparency TBH.
As for your other points, I can't really speak about Jindal teachers, since I have not studied there myself, and the alumni from my NLU who teach there now are mostly okay enough. However, several people have indeed mentioned this CGPA cap for recruitment, including obvious insiders in other LI posts. Maybe it's applicable in the undergrad level, and you aren't aware of it? I won't really know. As for accountability, someone who claims that Jindal is now matching top NLUs in placement should really be the one to cite supporting stats, since people in general know about the placement scene at NLSIU, NALSAR, NUJS, NLUD, NLUJ etc. over the years, while Jindal hasn't released proper placement stats for the full batch ever (the one you cite is really not a full report for reasons mentioned earlier). I have got no beef with JGLS as such. Doubtless it has got its share of good and bad teachers, and good and bad students, like NLUs and other law schools. Definitely its admin does a lot of proactive stuff, it's got superb infra, opportunity for exchange programmes (even if expensive) and other advantages. It is hugely expensive, and since I have not seen its grads eclipse NLU students in general in any field, I won't really advise students to opt for the place by paying such huge sums if they get into the first 7-8 NLUs, unless they really want a lot of comfort and access to excellent infra over the 5 years. But that's really a personal choice I guess.
If you believe that report to be false (and you have some genuine reasons to believe so), you can refer to a news article by LI (https://www.legallyindia.com/lawschools/jgls-wins-solid-2019-placements-with-60-firm-corp-jobs-29-go-biglaw-23-lit-94-rcc-strike-rate-total-batch-of-395-20190518-10314). And please mind that it was only the fourth graduating batch of JGU. For instance, the aforementioned report is from 2019 and I suggest you compare it with a university which is a huge success and you contently include it in the top 4. I am talking about NLUD. Have a look at Jindal’s stats from 2019 and NLUD’s stats (https://www.legallyindia.com/lawschools/nlu-delhi-scores-100-final-2019-placements-exclusively-20-high-paying-big-laws-4-foreigns-17-in-house-20190609-10621). They got 19 tier 1 job offers and 4 international vacations (this is a really great stat not undermining), excellent. 41 out of 78 students participated in placements, don’t you see the same picture in Jindal? What I have been trying to explain is that most of the crowd at Jindal is not interested in placements! Just like all the NLUs where a lot of kids don’t participate in placements. And Jindal kids obviously have freedom with that option given their privilege. You are expecting Jindal to place 300/300 students when only a 100 want to get placed. Jindal has better foreign LLM records than any other university I can guarantee that but LLM doesn’t showcase skills, money can easily buy one so I won’t talk about that. Coming back to the comparison, have a look at the stats for Jindal’s very first batch of 2014, yes I am talking about the first batch (https://www.legallyindia.com/lawschools/jgls-recruitment-2014-20141219-5443). 88 students, first batch and have a look at the tier 1 jobs. Even in 2019, I can see 36 tier 1 ish jobs ( I say that because I have included LKS and Anand who provide packages at par with tier 1) and in this figure I haven’t even counted top law firms like Argus partners, Indus Law, P&A law associates among others (there’s a total of 54 law firm jobs). How does Jindal in any way lag behind in placements when compared to NLU D? Jindal and NLUD when they had similar batch sizes (2014) had identical placements. As Jindal’s batch size grew, so did their placements which are proportionate with the likes of NLUD. Please note that I am not ignoring the batch sizes, which is why I am using the word proportionate placements and in no way do I mean to undermine the excellence of NLUD which has done an astounding job. I draw the comparison only because both started around around the same time (2009 and 2010). I have completed my undergraduate from a tier 1 NLU and the only reasons tier 1s have been successful is because 1) Alumni 2) Brilliant students. I don’t think anyone except NLUD and maybe GNLU can say that they have been constantly growing. NLUs don’t receive any investment, they achieved a high and the top 4 have been successful in retaining the same. JGLS has been constantly growing in terms of rankings, international recognition and funding (https://www.legallyindia.com/lawschools/jgu-jgls-vows-to-double-in-size-by-2030-with-rs-1-000-cr-gift-from-founder-chancellor-naveen-jindal-20210222-11971). I have cited proper placement stats for you asked for the same. Also there’s some faults in the statement above, exchange programmes in Jindal are funded by the university and students only have to bear some part of the costs. It is the summer schools at Harvard and Oxford for which you ought to pay.

Quote:
It is hugely expensive, and since I have not seen its grads eclipse NLU students in general in any field, I won't really advise students to opt for the place by paying such huge sums if they get into the first 7-8 NLUs, unless they really want a lot of comfort and access to excellent infra over the 5 years. But that's really a personal choice I guess.
To answer this, now I shall address an aspirant who is confused between NLUs and Jindal. See there is this very apparent contempt and ignorance that you might have noticed when someone from an NLU talks about Jindal. Kids from JGLS comprehend this paranoia but we don’t hate back because most of the students at JGU are aware of their privilege. I’ve already told you how the peer referral system at Jindal works and all of this is due to privilege which we duly recognise and take the banter for. “I have not seen its grads eclipse NLU students in general in any field”, okay when someone makes a statement like that you can’t take it at its face value, although eclipse is not the correct word but Jindal’s alumni are everywhere. Do your own research, make a linkedin profile, type any tier 1 firm you can think of along with the keyword Jindal, please note the number of students you see and this number might just be from 5-6 batches that have graduated till date. Note the number. Once you’re satisfied, do the same for international universities. There is a clear bias when I speak about Jindal because I made an informed choice and I wish to justify it. There is a clear contempt when someone from an NLU would speak about Jindal. I am asking you to do your own due diligence and decide. Please take into account your future aspirations, family finances, if you are getting a scholarship and everything else into account when you decide.

I am apologetic if I sounded pissed off at any time, I am just tired of JGLS students constantly being discredited of everything they achieve with labour. Tier 1 firms might give you an internship based on your contacts but they’ll only give you a job if you are competent enough. And JGLS has been having enough of those to establish it’s stance.
Sorry, Anand and LKS have never been considered to be tier one placements and they certainly don't offer comparable salary. Nor is Argus considered a 'top law firm' anywhere yet. You see, it is this problem that those who speak about JGLS have, unlike those who talk about NLUs. In your enthusiasm to talk it up, you start making claims that are ridiculous to those in the know. And no, placing 30-40 students in tier one firms (as the other report that you mentioned) out of a batch of 300 plus (and I'm not even including the 3-year LLB here) is certainly not the same as the NLU placements. If you are talking about proportional placements, NUJS has a bigger batch than NLSIU or NLUD, so their job offers are also much more in number. That's proportionality. The one report that you cited of 2019 doesn't do the break up for this very reason. Claiming that JGLS placements have reached the same level as the top NLUs, which is what you have been doing, is just not accurate even with the numbers that you cited. I have no hatred towards their students though. They are doing okay enough in their lives. So long as others aren't claiming that their institution provides the same RoI for students as the top NLUs, which it doesn't yet. As for JGLS bearing the expense for foreign exchange programmes, that's certainly news and good news at that. However, again it seems strange that there is no PR or transparent stats about that available from the institution's side. I'll be willing to believe that once it's there.
Anand is not comparable to a tier 1? Are you from an NLU? Anand is like a dream for an IP lawyer. Bro i never called them tier 1 because there’s a different definition for that based on number of partners and practice areas. Have a note of the packages that these firms offer.

Are NLU kids going dumber every year? I wrote an essay explaining how much it’s not 40 out of 300 and it doesn’t go inside that pea in your head. Bro, by your logic NLUD has been achieving 50% placement. Because they placed 40 students out of a batch of 80.

I won’t try to explain proportionality but here is something that might help :- https://www.amazon.in/Mathematics-Textbook-Class-10-1062/dp/8174506349
NLUD actually placed 40 out of the 40-odd students who applied for recruitment. Are you saying out of 300-plus students of Jindal, only 40-50 sat for recruitment in that year? Nobody is falling for your increasingly pathetic attempts at propaganda. And no, if you had been more aware of the law firm circuit, you'd have known that tier one firms are usually a moniker for the Big 7. Anand is the best IP firm in the country, but it doesn't even offer anywhere close to the salary of Big 7. And before teaching others proportionality, you should disabuse yourself of the notion that you know logic. Let's see, assume that out of any given batch, not more than 50% opt for placement (that's usually per for NLUs). Then when Jindal placed 40 students out of 300-plus, it actually got jobs for around 40/150, which comes to around 27%. So no matter how much you try to spin it, in order to match any top NLU placement, Jindal needs to get top jobs (not LPOs, 'family business', or 'litigation') for over 100 students every year, which it never has till date. Before blowing smoke out of everywhere, you should learn to recognise the reality.
Stop manipulating dude, NLUD 40 out of 80 sat for placements and in Jindal 100 out of 300 did. How difficult is this statement for you to comprehend? 200 students choose to opt out because in Jindal A LOT of kids go for LLMs but I know what you’re gonna rant, they go for LLM because they don’t get a job right? I mean yeah then top law schools should stop flexing about their students getting into top LLM programmes and agree that these students didn’t get placed. We have more independence to do what we want which is why we have students with their own startups (https://www.vccircle.com/vc-backed-coffee-brand-sleepy-owl-takes-a-fresh-sip-of-funding), not everyone likes working 24*7 and bartering their life for money and working under corporate slavery. Some of us instead make the likes of NLU kids work for us. Sit down.
You are the one who is manipulating the data. Jindal didn't get top placements for 100 students ever, unlike NLUD's 30-40 placements. I dare you to show the break up. Clearly, that's what the 5 page long JGLS 'recruitment report' fails to show. This is how you do PR that lacks substance. Showing litigation, family business pursuits, competitive exam prep and LPO jobs as 'top campus placements'. [...]
Okay you know what, I am not even gonna go by my logic now, i am going to go by your logic. These are (https://sja.nujs.edu/newsroom/2019/08/21/class-of-2019-placements-at-nujs-highest-amongst-all-nlus) official NUJS placement stats for 2019 published on their official website. Unless you are from NLS (which you don’t sound like) I am pretty sure you consider NUJS a tier 1 NLU.

Quote:
Showing litigation, family business pursuits, competitive exam prep and LPO jobs as 'top campus placements
Then click on the link and check it. They have included 7 people who went for litigation chambers and judicial clerkships in their recruitment stats. They have included 4 people who went for LLM in recruitment stats (one of them for Rajasthan uni). Ahahahahahhahahahahahahahah 13 people are appearing for civil services and they have included that in their placement stats. 7 people are appearing for other judicial services exam lmao and are included in recruitment stats. 2 appearing for “other government exam” included. 2 for odrways included ahahah. 1 for LAMP fellowship. 1 for young india fellowship (ohh right you loathe universities in sonipat but brag about it when you actually get in one). 1 for Weinstein JAMS Fellowship has also been included.

Okay since I am going by your logic that “placements in litigation chambers” and LPOs are not placements. You’re going well boi, capitalism has you, completely. Anyways, what about NUJS then? JGLS never went this low. Atleast they never included appearing for “other government exam or civil services” as a recruitment stat ahahahahahahahahahahahah. I have been citing stats and you’ve bantering without any backup till now. Every thing you’ve said has been rebutted at face value. But you’re stubborn, kids like you try moots and get annihilated. Next time you make an allegation, check if you’re not doing the same thing.

No hate to NUJS, all NLUs do that.
NUJS doesn't claim all of those as 'top placements' like you have been doing on behalf of JGLS. That's the difference. It releases all numbers and breakups and still manages to place way more students in top jobs despite having a batch strength less than 1/3 of JGLS. People who play in Little Leagues shouldn't try to punch so high above their weight class, like you are trying to do here.
NUJS just published their placement stats today. I see a bunch of folks litigating/preparing for judiciary/UPSC, don't see you raising a finger there. And who really declared that joining a law firm is the only path to success. FYI, most senior counsels make more money than a law firm partner, so why should litigation be frowned upon. And, is getting a law firm job really a meritocracy anyway. Most firms don't pay any stipend for those who do never exceed it beyond 5,000 bucks which is less than the cost to travel and live for a month in a city. And the referral thing at firms is widely well known, today it works in favour of older NLUs because of the alumni base, things won't remain the same in the next decade.

A bunch of folks in JGLS are kids of people whose parents have made it in law or business and for them, it is a natural fit to join their parents once they graduate. But, no sir, that is not good enough.

You would have Anant and Akash Ambani work at some consultancy firm post-graduation because clearly heading Reliance isn't a good enough option. Context matters mate, these kids have options, and joining family business or their parents' practice is not a compromise for them, this was something meant to happen anyway even if they had attended NLS.
No finger has been raised at NUJS' figures because they are transparent enough. They clearly mentioned how many people have been recruited by which recruiter and how many has chosen other career paths. Which is not what JGLS did, even in their earlier 5-page long report. Instead of trying to defend a shoddy job, maybe you should focus on how to improve it and make it more transparent to back up any claim that you have. I don't have any problem with JGLS grads opting for other careers that don't involve campus placement, so long as trolls here don't start claiming that JGLS has a placement scene equal to or better than the top NLUs, which they do not yet. In other words, stick to the truth and transparent behavior and nobody would have any cause to call you out.
Hi, I am also a graduate of NUJS. I have been offered admission in Jindal with IPR as specialization. I have also been offered admission in NUSRL Ranchi. Might get NLU-O at best. Getting Constitutional and Administrative Law as specialization. Which college would you recommend?
All of the aforementioned benefits might be outweighed by the exorbitant fee charged by JGLS and hence only if you have the money, close your eyes and go for JGLS. I know this was from a really biased perspective but this is how i feel and all of this had to be stated because it is often ignored. I might get a lot of downvotes for acting like someone from the PR team but I have tried to cite and provide reference for everything. I am up for a healthy discussion.
If you have money to spare, you should waste it without getting extra ROI? What logic is that? Your claim would only hold true if JGLS student performance is better in most sectors than NLU students. Which it has never been till date.
Yes, if you want to spend 5 years in the lap of luxury, then Jiggles is indeed the place to go.
Even after paying four times what you’d pay for a non law government university if you don’t wish to get basic infrastructure, a fair admin and services like manupatra then you can go for an NLU.

JGLS would at least give you the luxury you are paying for.
There has been no abhorrence. Only dubious claims without any back up stats are being called out. Don't make random claims and talk about your actual strengths and not paper over obvious weaknesses, and I doubt anyone would have any problem with it other than obvious trolls.
NLU Kids: Bro jgls stop talking without stats yo
JGLS: Yeah here’s the stats
NLU Kids: No

Stop being insecure. We’ve taken over and we’re riding. Why is it burning where it shouldn’t?

Also it’s fun how kids from NLUs ignore their obvious weaknesses but would pop in to point out JGLS’. Do yourself some good, your unity is intact only as long as you get to stay anonymous and propagate hate about a university which is taking over your ego. And JGLS did nothing, it is your stagnancy and reluctance to grow and develop, which also happens to be a weakness you refuse to acknowledge, that pulls you back.

The moment a NALSAR kid boasts about one of their achievements, NLS and NUJS get fumed. And vice versa with all NLUs and positions of being pissed can be interchanged with literally anyone. You’re just insecure college kids who want to impose supremacy everywhere. Atleast we at Jindal don’t lurk around on threads related to you, we’re too confident of ourselves and our success. It is your apprehensive behaviour which brings you to every post related to Jindal and blabber with false claims like there’s a bar on CGPA and it can’t get 10% of it’s batch places and a lot of it. Even if we are PR trolls, we get paid to do it. You’re doing anti PR work for free my mate, what happened? RCC didn’t get an internship? Only if you understand that we as students actually know about our university and your false claims make it evident that you don’t. When we put our opinion we put the cons along with the pros, we don’t put a faded picture unlike you. And we sure as hell don’t go on telling future aspirants that placements at their favourite top NLUs have been abysmal in the COVID era while JGLS has quite a bit retained their stats. We don’t do that on your posts because 1) We don’t care 2) It’s your university you know better. So stop poking your nose everywhere and befriend someone from Jindal they’ll get you a job if you haven’t got one. Even if you know anything about Jindal stop disrespecting the students and put your opinion in a more civil way if you know what that means. I don’t see how we threaten you, oh yes we do but anonymously commenting on LI won’t help.
For someone who doesn't care, you keep writing long and whiny comments. As for stats, a 5 page report without actually giving breakup of recruitment is the best that you can do, because the breakup would reveal that regardless of your humongous batch size and all the 'advantages' that your institution offers, all you can manage are 30-40 top job offers at the most. People would call you out less when you stop misrepresenting in public and giving yourself undeserved and inaccurate accolades. You boast about your Goldman Sachs-run hostel infra or when your students win a moot, and nobody would dispute that. You try passing off your placement ability as that of the top NLUs, and people would call out the lies. It's as simple as that.
Don’t you guys have linkedin or smthn? Go check the number, the 10 year old university already has more people in tier 1 than your NLUs. Also the stats I cited were published by LI and when LI publishes the same for you guys, you contently use the same. But yeah Jindal stats are fake. Gg hypocrite
Because everyone has been arginine about these stats here

Do have a look at the official NUJS 2020 batch stats

http://sja.nujs.edu/newsroom/2021/04/11/class-of-2020-placements-at-nujs

Seem pretty insaneeee
I have no problem with JGLS but my college costs less than JGLS’s hostel fee and my parents still have their house. I’ll get the same if not a better job than most JGLS grads if I work hard enough. Happy to be in that position.
I’ve no problem with NLUs but their hostels are crappy and admin doesn’t give basic right to students. My dad can afford the fees and I am on a scholarship so I am sorted. 18-23 years of age are the prime of my life and I atleast get decent facilities that a human being should get which is why I chose JGLS above NLUs. I would get the same jobs as NLUs but I am not in it for the job, I actually like the law and want to research on a niche field of law and I know JGLS would provide me with all the resources for the same. I don’t want to go to an NLU where I am considered a machine to undergo corporate slavery. I would also international exposure and better faculty at JGLS. I look at education as an actual investment and don’t always look for an ROI. I know good education would take me long enough to a point where ROI would seem to be a trivial issue. I am very happy to be in this position.
No man. There are people from Jindal who could really have written this. I swear.
A 36-word comment posted 3 years ago was not published.