Read 38 comments as:
Filter By
These are the same universities which are constantly undermined. Everyone use to say that MNLU hasn’t been able to do anything. They said that newer NLUs have replaced NLU J and NLIU B. Now I can’t find NLS, NALSAR, NUJS or NLU D here. Jessup is arguably the world’s most prestigious moot, my point is that it’s not the university but students who matter
First, get that chip off your shoulder. Not a pretty picture.

Second, the law school one comes from does matter and will continue to matter, regardless of the misguided platitudes some like to dispense with little thought to ground realities -- and it should continue to matter. That there may be good students even in mediocre law schools does not negate the broader truth that where one goes to law school is a valid and reliable indicator of certain aspects of his/her candidature (even if it may not be conclusive in this respect). Love me or hate me for saying this, but it is what it is.

Third, to assume that the best of each school contested in this round for it to be a truly determinative test of mettle in the sense that you appear to ascribe to it, is folly at best. Maybe the students at other law schools were busy with other pursuits. Not everyone is obsessed with moot courts and frankly many excellent students find moot courts to be an unworthy pursuit, all things considered.

Nothing against MNLU or any of the other lower NLUs. Re: MNLU, I do believe that many (both students and others) overestimate (to their peril) the advantages that its location can provide it relative to other NLUs. Similarly, there is a noticeable fall in my experience, in the baseline of students as one goes lower into the law school rank. Again, none of this precludes a good student from succeeding even after matriculating from a mediocre school (a gold nugget in a heap of turd remains a gold nugget, just as a heap of turd in the middle of gold nuggets remains a heap of turd).

But rather than venting without basis here (with few if any minds that will change as consequence), just focus on doing your best and making it into whatever arena of practice that you'd like to start in.
Jindal alumnus here, and while I am proud of the JGLS team that made the cut, I am the first one to say that moots are highly overrated, and despite all the hype that surrounds the moot in law school, they are not given that much attention in the real world, be it law firms, academia or anyone else.

You should really do a moot only if you enjoy the process, if you are just doing it for the brownie points on your CV, better pull up your grades or try to get a publication in a reputed journal.
No jindal alumnus or student calls themselves β€œjiggles”, if you see one calling themselves the same, consider him an unemployed NLU student disguised as a β€œjiggles” who will post something controversial like β€œJindal is better than NLS” which will attract hate speech towards Jindal. We don’t make such claims nor do we have enough time to do so. I am not talking the particular comment I’ve replied to, but all comments where I have seen people referring themselves as Jiggles. Never have I ever in my five years of law school talked to a person who refers themselves as a β€œjiggles” so please try harder
This post comes across as so desperate. Relax, it doesn't matter what anonymous people on LegallyIndia think. And qualifying for the world rounds of a moot is no big deal. Dream bigger. NLUD recently won the Oxford IPR moot but did you see them post here or brag? No. Same for other big NLUs. Keep doing good work and people will recognise you.
While I agree with the general sentiment expressed in this comment, there's just no comparison between Jessup and Oxford IPR in terms of quality or anything else. Those two are in two different leagues entirely. I speak as someone who's participated in both. I'd say even qualifying to the octa-finals of the first is considered to be a bigger achievement than winning the second one. Not that I don't respect the NLUD team for their win, it's a top-class display indeed.
I did not compare the two moots. Just used it as an example to highlight the difference in culture. Oxford IPR is still an international moot and winning it is an achievement. If the poster's college had won it, I bet it would have been posted.
Shame on those attacking the qualifying universities. You people are just jealous and petty. JGLS is the only Indian law school in NIRF, while NLSIU failed to make the cut. NLUJ has overtaken NUJS in NIRF (and I am sure it will be repeated again this year). MNLU will soon have a great campus and in the last CLAT someone preferred MNLU too NLSIU.

So we can guess where these negative trolls are from.
Who is attacking the qualifying universities? Are you high? Criticizing the OP is not the same as criticizing the universities. If you can't distinguish between the two, then you should start paying more attention to your studies.
Ignoring NIRF for a second, NLSIU claims to be #1 on the basis of 2 Jessup wins , multiple Rhodes selections and Magic Circle recruitments. The Rhodes and Magic Circle monopoly has now gone. If the Jessup monopoly also goes, that #1 claim will get even weaker.
I wonder how the recruitment figures of these colleges are?

Is it true that NUJS is still head and shoulders above the rest in this field?
The only Head and Shoulders is an anti-dandruff shampoo. And claims of institutional superiority are only made by trolls, and therefore are the equivalent of real poo.
It is
The 2020 recruitment rankings for NUJS are gonna be released v soon apparently (finallyyy)
And people from other colleges are gooing to really see what they missed out on
Highest recorded tier 1 firm jobs by a batch ever (not just in absolute terms - but also in percentage terms)
You don’t have to believe me
Just wait and watch for a few days max
What rubbish!! LI has stopped doing recruitment rankings for a long time. It's clear that NUJS, NALSAR and several other NLUs are hiding their recruitment stats. LI and B&B are also hushing up things to protect them.
Dw so much
NUJS SJa is doing a press release v v soon about the 2020 numbers
There was just some admin delay till now
Keep a look on their website
And then we’ll talk (or I’ll talk and you’ll listen - jk)
Yes, they don't want you to faint out of jealousy, hence they are hiding those stats.
Please read - they’re NOT hiding
Should be out on their website by this weekend
They have a policy of not releasing till the batch has graduated
And this year it got delayed by another year due to corona and other admin reasons
It’s gonna be out
And YES you are gonna faint
And no point in arguing over this rn
Because in 2-3 days everything will be clear as day anyway
Its true actually

FIFTY-THREE people from nujs 2020 for TIER-1 jobs

Despite all the hate nujs gets on li, we have to give credit where it is due

Congratsss guysss

(100% confirmed info)

Official statement out soon
Confirming even further, it is actually 57 in the top 6 firms, approximately 90-100 including other firms and in-house jobs. If you further include LLMs at places like Cambridge and people prepping for UPSC, there no figures hidden at all, and NUJS has once again completely blown all other NLUs out of the water
http://sja.nujs.edu/newsroom/2021/04/11/class-of-2020-placements-at-nujs

Please read EVERYONE

and its time to give some credit where its due

Lets all celebrate such INSANEEE numbers!!!!

@Kian: Please please do an article on this asap
As much as I hate JGLS, I believe money can buy everything and even merit. Since these students are more privileged than us and got better education from infancy. I see them overtaking a lot of top NLUs even in terms or merit. I can’t deny to recognise their achievements in every moot, negotiation and client counselling competitions. I can’t deny them getting into top law schools around the world for LLMs. I can’t deny their improving placements stats and placements in magic circle law firms. Money can buy everything. Everything. Even merit. I hate it out here.
JGLS has more students than all the NLUs combined. They place less students than any of the NLUs every year. You have got weird notions of equality.
JGLS placements are now pretty much at tier 1 NLU level. Law firms give points for good schooling, fluent English, polished social skills, exposure abroad through exchange programmes and training by well-qualified faculty and guest lecturers. JGLS students fit these criteria more than NLU students (except NLSIU).
Keep doing baseless PR. JGLS placements are at NLU levels only in your fertile mind. The day JGLS is able to place even 10% of its students should be the day it starts to talk about placements, not before. So far, they place less than 5%. Despite all these supposed 'advantages' that you speak of. Why not provide the stats to back your claim up?
Lol! Law firms don't care about most of these things that you speak of. What they do care about, very few JGLS grads can provide still, which is why hardly 20-30 in a batch of total 750-800 actually get placed.
All comments giving rankings other than NIRF should be marked as fake news and banned. When we have an official government ranking people should not be allowed to spread disinformation and lies.
True. Only the government should be allowed to spread disinformation and lies, nobody else.
lol you guys can hate on JGLS as much as you want. You can make baseless claims too. Freedom of expression it is.

We are everywhere. And we are better. A 9 year old university in 2019 placed 40+ in jobs that pay 12lpa or more. Check LI’s publication from 2019. A 10 year old JGU got into QS while you keep dreaming of it. An 11 year old JGU is collaborating with top international law firms, universities and getting 1000 crores in funding.

In the end, we are too sorted to care about purposeless people calling our success β€œpr” or students β€œdumb”. But if the law firms and top international universities are choosing us, the β€œdumb” kids over you, what does that make of you? In the end you can just anonymously attack, when in person, you don’t really speak anything because there’s a high probability that you’re working in a firm owned by a jgls student’s family. It is what it is, you guys unite to propagate loathe on LI but in actuality neither could you nationalise the NLUs or get funding for yourself or do something about your infrastructure or even get a professor removed for god’s sake. It’s better you put this energy in getting basic rights for yourself and let jindal kids handle their own concerns.

You’ll meet jgls students in your tier 1 and we’ll let the number speak for itself.
Yes, keep placing less than 10% of your batch, and claiming that your placement is as good as those who place 50% of their batches. You people keep calling it 'hating' whenever one points out your falsehoods. As for your international collaborations, what good is it doing to your students, since the latter aren't really ahead in any field yet? If you want the numbers to speak for themselves, maybe you should close your mouth long enough for that to happen.
Even NLUs like HNLU and NLUO place close to 60 percent of the batch. JGLS is feeling proud after placing just 10%
Who is choosing your students 'over' others? Naveen Jindal? Then yeah. You are attracting private funding because you're a private university. And if you are getting that much money, why don't you reduce the fees that your students have to pay, instead of charging them 40 lakhs in 5 years?
A 12-word comment posted 3 years ago was not published.