Read 25 comments as:
Filter By
Sounds interesting. Would love to chat with you and understand how you made the transition.
Wow. Seems like a dream exit. could you please throw some more light on what practice areas (apart from litigation) allow one to go independent ? cap marks, project finance being out of the question owing to the size of the mandate.
I have nothing of value to add. Just want to say that I'm in a somewhat similar situation - looking to quit law. If anyone has ideas, please share. Thank you.
I have been doing a bit of research on MBA. For a Top b school abroad selling the law firm story is a bit hard. you need to show why you are a good fit. becomes quite hard if you have been doing transactional work all this while.
7PQE+ is unfair because most smart ones quit earlier
Its a self defeating argument

Once I have enough for basic security by end of year I will move in-house or to litigation or a startup where 60-40 work life balance can be achieved
Open a bar where lawyers can hang out after their work ends at 2 AM - damm corona and the night curfews!
Set the precedent! Anyone with PQE of 7+ years would be around 29/30 which is not very old I guess. MBA is an option but I wonder if the work life would be any different at all.