Read 50 comments as:
Filter By
Considering the ongoing pandemic and the consequential dismal state of hiring, I am curious to know about the placement status of Batch 2022 across NLUs. Any leads about tier 1 and Tier 2 NlUs would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Without stats, you might as well proclaim their QS ranks. Nobody believes you.
GNLU has only 4-5 PPOs so far that too from 2 firms only- Khaitan and TTA
4 PPOs from kco

And a few from lithra and tta as well

All CONFIRMED

At least 2 confirmed vac schemes
Trilegal has also orally hinted at 3 PPOs though the official confirmation is unlikely to come before April.
15 PPOs so far. Possibly a few more might happen before Day Zee. The total number post Day Zee should be at least between 40 and 50 like other years.
@Real Noojies: You are not from NUJS, nor from the concerned batch, otherwise you would have known about their reliability. Stop trying to troll and discredit the place and focus on your own university. The figures aren't any different from the other years.
According to my sources (who may not be right) NLSIU and JGLS are leading so far in terms of Big 7 hires.
Bwahaha! JGLS leading in law firm hires. Not anytime in the next decade. They would be lucky if the 'Big 7' hire in 2 digits from them at this stage. Of course, they have students whose parents can very well be Big 7 clients, so they can eventually hire Big 7 instead.
Double digit in absolute numbers, yes. As percentage of total batch size, no.
What about Lower nlus like RmL, hnlu, rgnul, nluo....Any hires there?
Pandemic seems to have hit mainly the lower nlus (not that it was any better before that). Heard of 1 ppo (KCo) at hnlu. How are NLUJ, NLIU doing?
We were having an e-stetson so I connected with a lot of people from different law schools. NLS has suffered badly, NALSAR doing pretty good. JGLS has had a sick placement season with 10+ offers only from CAM . RGNUL has not ever attained 70% placements and NLUO has survived with LKS coming to rescue. All of this is from different unofficial sources and discussion with students, the information is not credible.

Based on my analysis (which is based on unofficial sources) this would be my ranking of who did the best in COVID (please note that this is about who did the best in comparison to their last placements and not the best overall, for example NLS has faired pretty badly in comparison to their placements in non-covid era but it’s placement stats are still better than mist of the nlus and private universities out there but it’ll rank low in list:-

1) JGLS: They have been able to have a massive placement season despite covid not because of their own good but because NLU administration and placement cell have not been able to actually deal with the pandemic but their placement cell has actually done pretty good.

2) NALSAR: Kudos to NALSAR’s placement cell which was active (hyper active) and have arranged decent placements.

3) NLUO: Still shining, a lot of offers from LKS, I’ve heard

4) Symbiosis: Same reason as JGLS (a more dedicated placement cell)

5) NLU J / GNLU : If not improved, have maintained their records
Dude, I hope you read the question clearly. The thread is about the graduating batch of 2022. LKS, in my limited knowledge hires only 5th year students. Also, I dont think that most of the colleges including those you mentioned even had a placement season so far for 22.
Just to clarify, this is for NLUO batch of 2021 -
approximately 25- 30 placed. 50% PPO 50% campus placements. Indus has given out majority PPOs.
Placement leaderboard so far (according to gossip from my friends circle):

Toppers: NALSAR, NLSIU, JGLS
Good show: NLUJ, NLUD, GNLU
Above average to average: NUJS, NLIU, NLUO, HNLU, RNGUL, RMLNLU
NLIU has got 7 PPOs so far with 3 interviews already scheduled for April. Think this would make NLIU one of the toppers.
Your friends are as ignorant as you are. Otherwise you would have actually cited even ballpark figures. You all are just trolls.
An entire thread full of completely unsubstantiated conjectures and baseless rumours. Wow! Really brings out the best in the LI readers I see.
Are any placements really happening for the Batch of 22. While I dont belong to any of the NLUs, I have heard that placements haven't even started in the Tier2 or 3 nlus. Is that true?
Can you please confirm whether any of the colleges are receiving PPOs from L&L? Or is it correct that the hiring has stopped in light of the current dispute?
2022 batch at NUJS has received PPOs from L&L. That much I can confirm. Cannot say whether all of those have been accepted yet though.
None of what you mentioned actually counts as campus placement. The latter mostly depends on the reputation of the institution, alumni base, and then the personal ability and connections. Cracking other competitive exams have got almost nothing to do with whichever law school you are from. As for NIRF, that doesn't really cover placement properly, apart from a very dubious median salary metric. Placement scene is easy to understand if all the institutions release their data transparently. In any case, you are again talking about d**k-measuring. I merely said that NUJS' 2021 figures have been fantastic and not that those are better or worse than anybody else's. Those who were trying to prove that COVID and competition have collectively affected the placement at NUJS now have got their feet firmly stuck in their mouths. That's all.
Stop with the rumour mongering, the figures are for 2020 batch, not 2021
If you see the NUJS figures for the past 5 years, they have only done better progressively. 2021 batch is also doing quite well in terms of PPOs. You can wait to get those results once they graduate. Considering NLUD hasn't revealed the whole batch recruitment stats since 2019, but still claims a rosy placement picture, maybe you should focus on that instead of accusing others of rumour-mongering.
Batch of 2022 here, 3 Confirmed PPOs from KCo, others are in the talks, atleast 3-4 more by the end of July.
I wanted to confirm that I meant this as a reply to a comment claiming 25 PPOs for NLS, not the NLIU comment! It seems the NLS comment has been removed now.
You people just stop spreading rumours unless officially verified by LI ok? Chup ho jao. Kian, please ban fake news.