Read 159 comments as:
Filter By
Lexygen came to our college for recruitment talk and they said that they pay their fresh hires 15 LPA+ Bonus.
Couple of years back they told me they could not afford to pay me 18 lakhs having 4 years experience and to settle for 16! I obviously did not take the offer and got a good tier 2. Whom are you trolling here?
Maybe they've revised their pay scales. Their recent LinkedIn post says they pay 24-30 lpa (plus upto 10 lpa bonus) for associates with 4-6 years of experience. The 15 lpa for freshers I think is based on the pre-placement livestream they did on Youtube last year.

According to that LinkedIn post, they are looking for lawyers with 4-6 years of experience. Maybe you should apply again an call their bluff (if it indeed is) :P
I don't have so much time to waste on a firm like this. There are better options. Also what I heard was that the figure was 24-27 not 30 as you claim and bonus is discretionary which can also be 0. An associate from a top tier earns much more than this and definitely a senior associate the range for 4-6 being 26-38 lakhs with some guarantee of bonus. Why would someone work here for much lesser pay let alone waste time on bluffs. Also heard work atmosphere is not good and there are people who have left in few months after joining
Well I am not trolling anyone, this is what they had said in the placement talk at our college.
So did you have placement talk from only 1 law firm? And you didn't join them for such "high salaries"? If everything is anonymous here you might as well have voluntarily disclosed salaries at your own law firm and others that came for pre placement talk. Why single out this firm and salaries as if they paid you to post this? Or is this the only firm that came for ppt? You would also have peers right whose salaries you could say and help this guy who posted along with pay in your own law firm?
I've heard that the firm officially has all Saturdays working, and most Sundays as well. Plus the work hours are just as long as tier 1 firms. Better take your chances with the known devils than with an 'up and coming' firm which has been around for 15 years and seen its partnership go down from 5 to 2 in the last 3 years.
And how many fresh hires has it hired since this pay scale was announced, or even in the last 3-4 years? A quick look at their linkedin says it is zero. The pay for a position for which you do not hire at all can be anything you want it to be.

Anyway, the firm seems to have only one practice area which is private equity. PE/VC deals have been at a high since the last 1-2 years, which could explain the high pay scales. In a year or two when these deals slow down, as the firm doesn't seem to have other practice areas, expect drastic pay cuts or downsizing. And A1s and A2s are the easiest ones to replace, by simply hiring new freshers at 40-60% lower pay. I (along with some others) had fallen in a similar trap with another 'high paying boutique' firm a few years ago. We're all back on our feet and doing well now, but we all could have avoided some miserable time if we were more careful. Just putting this out there in case the younger ones find this useful. I don't want to sound preachy, but if you are thinking of starting at a tier 1 firm, it would be better if you do it for the better work quality and work culture than for high pay.

P.S. I haven't worked on any transaction with the firm, and haven't heard much of it. The above comment was simply based on a look at its LinkedIn page. The firm seems really small by boutique standards as well. Some 15 fee earners. Or maybe it could be that most of them do not use LinkedIn.

P.P.S. A couple of associates have left the firm for AZB (which is generally considered to have a bad culture). The reason could be anything, maybe the pay at lexygen was low, the culture of AZB isn't that bad when compared to lexygen, or maybe they were just chasing the bigger names.
Would anyone have any idea what newer boutique firms pay? I'm referring to firms like Algo, Anoma, Rajaram, among others.
Algo pays 50-60k pm and anoma pays 40-45k. No idea of their bonuses. Rajaram makes a lot but doesn't pay much at junior levels. They pay higher to seniors. My estimate would be around 50-60k for freshers.
Hi, thanks for this! Any idea about the other mid-size firms like Argus, Tatva Legal, Samvad (is the earlier comment saying 13 lpa indeed true?), Ikigai, Induslaw, Platinum breakaways Touchstone and Quillon, Jerome Merchant, DMD, Phoenix Legal, Veritas and Stratage?

DSK and Pioneer both pay around 9 lpa. Bharucha and Acuity Law are in the same range of 9-10 lpa. Rajani pays around 6-7 lpa.

DSK and Rajani have great work hours. Most days end at around 7-8 PM.
Couple of Batch mates joined in 2017 and were being paid 85 per month.
I can confirm 2020 batch grads Mumbai office are being paid 40kpm. Have seen the retainers.
Indus pays much more. The figure quoted is not even true for Freshers joining the firm. The pay after this FY revision is equal to a top tier firm. Have friends who work there so it's verified.
Please tell them how to get an internship there? They don't reply except their automatic reply.
Okay, thanks! I've heard that the quality of work is quite good though. And that the working hours and work culture, in general, is much better than tier 1 firms. Any idea if it's true?
Really depends on the office. Since its a small firm, I don't want to be more specific. But this good work quality and work culture bullshit - never buy this. It all depends on the specific person you're reporting to. Always go for a person than a firm.
That is pretty good. But how do they do that as a sr from college who interned there mentioned they have no real work and bunch of good partners have quit.
Fresher salary at Veritas Legal is 14 lac per annum + variable bonus.
Pioneer starts at 9.6 plus 35 to 40% variable. So between 12 to 13 for sure.
Know SA who is getting around 17 LPA at Pioneer. Have heard good things about work culture but if SA gets 17, will A0s be getting 12?
Vertices partners pays more than tier 1s and plus great guidance from best founders in this industry. Starting salary is 18L for associates
Yes money and great exposure which the firm provides is its USP. Strategic inputs of managing partner on 2-3 crore deals are amazing.
I think you are getting 50k and other A0s 1.5 L. You need yo perform better. Like managing partner says you have to have " performance pedigree and proactiveness". And yes it is the fastest growing law firm of India with best resources in industry.
ay but their work cultures great & can you believe friday's work form home for corporate people
50k pm is more than tier 1s? What are you smoking? Is this the level of knowledge of people at vertices?
RA is one the best in terms of work culture, timings and senior-junior relationship. Great exposure for freshers.
Both work quality and culture are excellent at Lexygen. Work is mostly PE, VC, and M&A. The atmosphere is very fun and friendly but also very professional.
Firms that have a good work culture do not need to desperately advertize it all over, these things spread on their own organically
What about the arb/lit firms like singh & singh, agarwal law associates, keystone, arista
Keystone is mainly into litigation I believe, so the pay won't be much.
Is 40k pm from a boutique firm an acceptable salary for a fresher in today's climate considering COVID? Should I settle or keep looking?
Obviously, it totally depends on your circumstances and pedigree. But having said that, you should settle (for now) if you know you are going to get good experience and exposure. Depending on future circumstances, you can move nobody can tie you.
I remember when they came to NLS they offered 11-12 LPA. Is the number not the same across colleges?
Any idea about small firms like Pioneer Legal, Obhan & Associates, Spice Route Legal and DMD Advocates?
Spice Route will make A0s do 6 months unpaid training and then pay 50k if rarely confirmed.
Yes someone pls throw some light on how much DMD pays as workwise I have heard good things about them.
This Spice Route seems like a sweatshop. It should be illegal to make people work without pay.
I mean well Article 23 does abolish bonded labour. Of course we Law firm folk don't know much about Consti and all.
Hey, Spice Route Legal has this fancy term for an assessment internship called training contract lol. This is a 6 month period where you work for free but you work like an associate. Expect your workday to be corporate law standards but without a rider of any pay for that period.

If you then survive this free deliverable insanity, you get to be an associate at the firm. Pays you 50k per month. So that’s like 6L pa. WfH as of now. Don’t know if they’ll let you WfH forever. Further, 2L is the joining bonus which is paid after 2 years of appointment. Lol whatte joke.

Ps. A friend works there. Isn’t that happy tbh. Work timings are insane.
People should stop saying SRL pays 6 lpa. It's 6 lakhs for 1.5 years technically (including the 6 month training period), which makes it 33k per month, which is about 4 lpa. Plus, the training contract is not even an internship, as they are offering those contracts to final year law students in April/May, which makes the trainee a qualified lawyer within a month or two into the training.

Also, their SA/PA-level pay scale is quite misleading as they hardly have any SA/PA level attorneys. So they can literally get away with saying that their SA/PA level pay is 1 Cr p.a.
Spiceroute model is a joke. They are unethical af I've been told by many folks. Freshers and first years should especially stay away.
Also about Spice Route Legal, a lot of people that I know of are a part of their data privacy vis a vis IP teams and they pay 11 LPA to their A1s. Again, toiling work and burgeoning corporate politics with very rigid clientele.
Singh and associates pay 1L PM to freshers and 2L to senior associate per month. Salaried Partners they pay 1 Crore. Although it’s sure that you can’t work there for more than 2 years.
Please contest this. Singh and Associates pays peanuts. Contest facts.
Singh pays 40k to 1L pm to freshers depending upon NLUs Tier or non-NLU.
The above-mentioned data relates to S&A pay scale for 2021 batch....It's true!!
Touchstone Bombay pays more than 1L a month. But they're kinda really scrutinizing in thier assesment internship. And the work ennvironment is also kinda patronizing and just ugh.
Does Pioneer have a Delhi office? Or is it just Mumbai? How much do they pay their fresh grads? They seem to have a very active social media, wonder if it is really as good.
Hi, I am starting an internship with IndusLaw at their Delhi office and was hoping to know more about their compensation structure. Can someone help out?

Thank you.
Anyone has any deets on SA details for tier 2 ,3 firms?
How much do they differ from tier 1
Even I wanna know P&A salary structure. Heard they pay really well from some time. Although, not sure. Any leads, anybody ?
I was recruited from campus and started at 1 and got another 1.5 as bonus in Delhi. But few senior laterals had lower salary than me. Too much work … did not even get a proper weekend off!!
An A0 can expect around 40-45k/month at Ikigai, says a senior from college who’s currently A2 and making around 70-75k.
That’s rough :/ thought they’ve been able to scale a bit. How about work culture?
The work culture at Ikigai seems to be great, according to associates who have left the firm. A0s don't make 40-45k. Pay is between 60k-66k per month for freshers + bonus.
A very recent comment on another thread said 70k for freshers. Unsure if it's legit.
Finsec Law Advisors now pays 16.5 lacs at A0 with no bonus in first year.
Hello friends, The team at Anagram Partners is paying at par with tier 1 firms if not more. My NLU friends tell me the same. Inclusive culture. They have even set up an ESOP pool for A6+.
The hours are unbearably long from what I've heard, thanks to Shuva.
Looking to join Manilal Kher Ambalal, starting at 30K. Heard they give a small bonus after a year or so, and then 40K after 2 yrs. Any one here from MKA ?
Veritas Legal for sure!

Their starting pay to freshers is Rs. 14 lac + variable bonus!
As an ex-retainer who left due to personal reasons, highly recommend to check out Buddtree Advocates & Advisors. Small team, top quality and diversified work, reputed foreign clientele, standard corporate hours, decent pay almost same as or just below Tier 1.
Not tier 1 but btg legal pays decent and the work life respect, culture is chill too
Try out JMP, Touchstone, Quillion or AP& Partners. Might make sense.
That’s sounds about right for the firm. Pay range is 11-13 for a0/a1
Trilegal: As it is now a tier 2 firm. It pays 16.6L including bonus.
A 40-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 16-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 6-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.
A 3-word comment posted 2 years ago was not published.