Read 41 comments as:
Filter By
I want to understand the base pay cry. In any case, each year experience addition brings fairly large increments till you make Partner. Please help me understand the worry on base pay.
Is it because you had a micromanager or you never applied for a leave thinking about your targets? Asking for a friend ofcourse.
That's a bit of a misplaced comparison. The question is not about a career in law vs any other career option. It is about a law career at a law firm as compared to other career options for lawyers.
Targets are usually 3-4x, and 80% of associates at that level get the upper tier bonus.
Base pay hasn't changed for the better part of a decade, only 20% increment se kitne din dazzle honge?
Worked at 3 Tier 1s in seven years, I have never encountered anyone who's going off on 25 day leaves, even spread out across the year. Definitely not the norm in any tier 1.
How are bonuses in tier I law firms for A0-A3 level? Are the targets mammoth?
Half of the law firm people these days certainly do not appear to be intelligent based on the opinions they write. I speak as someone who get briefed by those people on a regular basis.
The only bright side of a law firm is the area where they have installed LED tube lights
Wondering if you really are from a law firm then? Heavy partying and holidays worth the buck are the norm at at least all Tier Is.
Y'all are getting 25 days of annual leave? I've been off for three days in two years
True enough, but that gets covered by the money aspect. Viz. 1 and 8.
That is true but where's the money in the first 10 years & what about people who don't have wealthy mummy jis and daddy jis
But what can you pivot into after ten years at a law firm. Many ships have sailed in terms of making a massive career switch. And does the usual exit to an in house role actually make any difference in terms of work hours / culture etc ?
Money. Low entry barrier. Basic knowledge of English, and ability to handle search engines would suffice. Almost no knowledge of law required. Less need to carry out daily chores, since you won't be having a personal life outside work.