Read 16 comments as:
Filter By
Since Legally India and Bar & Bench no longer publish placement stats, can someone share numbers for foreign law firm offers for NLUs and JGLS? Past 2 to 3 years only.
For foreign placements NLSIU is #1, followed distantly by NALSAR, then NLUD, then JGLS, then GNLU, then NUJS.
Completely inaccurate. The person who commented this is either joking or a troll or both, since he has cited no supporting stats whatsoever because he really doesn't have any.
Alumni doing foreign LLM and getting placed in foreign law firms afterwards cannot count as campus placement with foreign firms for a university's undergrad programme.
Out of curiosity, which firms offer TCs to Indian law students anyway? I know that HSF, A and O, and Linklaters do, but I am not aware of any other. Would love to be corrected on this.
Mostly these 3 at present. Earlier, Clifford Chance used to. Norton Rose had also made a few offers between 2009 and 2014.
These 3 specifically have a vacation scheme for Indian students. All the other firms take Indian students through their general vacation schemes and TC applications. This is how a few 2020 nalsar students got TCs at Skadden London etc.
#4 plainly ignores the fact that your law school helps you get the foot in the door. Only then does your effort come in the picture.
As someone from a top tier NLU, I am still unsure about what these firms look for amongst candidates. Any help in this respect shall be appreciated!